Thursday, August 18, 2011

SHADOWS

Even the early morning light casts shadows on the walk below our window.

Shadows are restful places to be when the sun gets too hot.  They can make beautiful patterns.
Yesterday was a day for me when I did not seem to accomplish very much, even though I did fertilize my flowers, but there is no immediate change.  I keep thinking next year I will have everything in it;s right place in my garden and in my life.

There are people, dear friends, for whom there appears to be a shadow of uncertainty in their lives.
The idea of free will is no longer valid because circumstances beyond our control are shaping our destiny.
I my want to hide in the safety of what to me is the grace of God, and rest in the security that new strength will come from a source that is beyond me.

Today I will go visiting and enter the world where many are just waiting.  They know that life is not going to get any better but I am amazed at the cheerfulness with which they accept this truth.  Little thinks mean a lot, a visit and a kind word, lifts the shadow of weariness for a few moments. 

I like to believe there is a loving force that I imagine as Jesus calls me out of the shadows to come and follow Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the angle of the picture mom.
That must be very hard, knowing that things are not going to get better. I wonder how many of us would never get to that point, seeing how as we seem to spend so much of our lives looking at the greener grass and waiting for that one thing that will make it better. Living in the now is very hard. But so worth it when when you can! Sandra