Monday, August 29, 2011

CAMP FIRE STORIES


Chopping and bringing wood for the fire.  A camp fire is one of the best things about camping.
It was good Mikie brought his chain saw along.  All the boys helped with unloading after they had taken the truck and chopped some logs.  I should tease Randy about his heavy load! 
this was the last trip I guess.  Yes, the weather was perfect.


Ron shares his chicken cooked over his fire.  Because we knew it was one of his own nobody wanted to eat it.  We would not make good farmers.


We left about 7 Saturday evenning.  The rest stayed until Monday morning except Craig and Leah because of work and Leah had appointments to go to. she appears to be doing much better.  It has been a long time.
Singing and telling stories and roasting hot dogs and marshmallows are great fun out camping.  A big group also went swimming and Sandra and Ben made a big sand castle.

Story Telling.
Maybe if we where to view Christianity more like a group of camp fire tales; people swapping tales and memories we would get a different view of the story that is the story of Jesus and his followers.

Christianity has a story that is a part of it's history.  This has become our tradition which is basically making connections through time.  It appears that spiritual seekers of today are taking a new interest in making a connection to reality past and presence.

I think we long for a life that is meaningful and also joyous.  No matter what I am doing, taking a walk, shopping for groceries, cooking a meal, waiting for the results of the tests that others are taking I need to breath in and practice being peaceful and not worry too much. 

I do worry about my children but I also pray. 

Dad and I are both looking and feeling older but we have been together through many sad and many happy times.  We are so blessed to have one another and to have shared many stories together. 
We share our concern for our children.  Like any mother I wish I had the power to take away the pain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weather looked great.
ken

beth bennett said...

Yes Ken the weather was good. I was still writing when you commented. I am waiting for news from Sandra who was at the doctors and also for Tyler who I understand may come home with Kim.

I think he had fun with all his cousins.

love mom