Tuesday, August 2, 2011

THE PAST

We parked at the wrong end of the park so had a tiring but beautiful walk through the park.  It was a perfect day, warm but not too hot.  We learned a little about cricket and that it is a game of counting.  You add up points and you bowl a certain number and you play a long time.  We are very proud of Theresa and how she is learning this game from the past.  She made a fantastic catch but unfortunately we had just left.  We should have taken a lunch as they only had hamburgers and hot dogs at the little pub.

We knew where to go but had fallowed the sign which gave wrong directions.  Fortunately when we did find Theresa and Mikie he walked backed and brought our car to the right place where it was parked out of the way but illegally. 

We enjoyed the walk through this ancient park with it's huge trees.  Everyone who we asked directions from gave us different ways to go.  This has also been what has happened in the past with Christianity.
It took a wrong direction partly because it wanted to separate from Judaisum and it became a way of the creed that you had to believe and lost the faith that was meant to be a way of life.  An ancient wisdom full of awe and beauty and imagination.

I realize that my past can haunt me if I look at my mistakes but it can also liberate me if I learn from it.


I hear a little voice telling me to go out and water my garden so off I go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a little voice? Well, it is a good morning to water as it is a little overcase so hopefully it will do some good. I meant to put my sprinkler on before I left for work but forgot.
Sandra