Tuesday, August 9, 2011

UNCERTAINTY

These are the new lights that dad has put up in his shade deck after the other ones were cut and destroyed.  The shade deck has not been used very much this year as the weather has not become as hot as it did last year. 

I am a bit better this morning but I certainly will be smelling of A535 rub for awhile.  Thankful for pain medication that is helping a bit.  Finding new places that hurt.  lol

Watching the news more than normal yesterday the world is in a terrible mess.  The stock market is having a massive effect on our economy; while other countries have their streets full of violent people angry and violent.  Time have changed and peaceful protest is not an option. 

Where are our leaders?  It takes a very strong leader to fight for the weak and bring changes that will hurt for the present but bring hope to those who have no hope and nothing to live for.

My concern is how will it affect my family?  I think of when my first child was born and how my life changed and with each child I wanted to protect them from pain and suffering.  This began my life of prayer, which has helped me cope.  I realize that this is not the case for many people who do not want to be forced to pray words that they do not believe to an uncertain God.

As long as prayer can help me, even in some small way to be more loving and caring, and to let go of the fears we all face, then for me it is a source of strength.  My mind can be crowded with negative images and prayer helps me to find a calm, inner place.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh oh...I better read the news...we hear absolutely nothing here...the island news just covers the island and a few things from Britian...gonna brace myself and check out the Globe headlines...All is well here...carol passed her 6 months probabtion, so we'll be here for at least another yaer...still a few things to settle about the house...the inspection found a plumbing problem that needs to be fixed

Anonymous said...

Well, at least it is there waiting for when you do need it. I hate hearing about the markets and just hope that the people managing our money really care and do their best.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

The worse thing was the kid that was robbed as the acted to help him.That guy should be shot !!
( the robber / thug that is not the young student )\
ken

beth bennett said...

Yes that was unbelieveable.