Sunday, August 7, 2011

SUNDAY

I am up very early before it is light.

How quickly the time goes and I rush around to get ready for church.

Now I do not go to church to get answers about God
nor do I go to feel spiritual or better than others.
I know that is partly a habit that makes me feel good inside.

Many in our church family are not well and we like to keep in touch with how they are doing.
As I look around I see two people who are both feeling the sadness of having one of their children going through a marriage break-up and  believe that one does not know about the other having similar problems.  We do not go to find solutions to our problems and yet we often are guided by some words that are said, that seem to be speaking just to us.

But I also find many questions coming into my mind that I would like to be able to question the minister about.  I know that he too does not have all the answers and it is good when we are free to say I do not know.

There will things that lie beyond our understanding especially about the Bible and about God and yes even about Jesus.  One message I hear over and over again is to face my fears, humbly and openly.

Sometimes one can feel powerless over their circumstances and there is a need to do something.  For some of us going to churh, saying a prayer lighting a candle is at least doing something.


I have memories of times that I can only describe as shimmering stillness that have filled me with wonder and awe.  Time does not matter only the quiet breath of  divine energy that I choose to call God.  This happens in unexpected moments of grace!  I like the word shimmering!

MONDAY MORNING
I wake up with a painful shoulder from crashing into the footstool downstairs in the dark last night ,when I heard a strange noise outside,  of some annoying machine and I wondered if it could be the pump on our little water fall in the front yard.  It could be out of water.

I was thankful that dad had not heard the noise because I did not want him hurrying down the stairs.

One lesson you learn in life is that you have to pick yourself up and keep going.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you find out what the noise was? Hope your shoulder is OK!

Anonymous said...

Oops..it's Panteli!

beth bennett said...

No Pantli I did not. I did find out that I have a hard head and am thankfuk I did not break my nose.
My shoulder is very painful so plans to oull out over grown flowers will not happen today.

Dad is still busy taking our left over wood to our neighbors so he is busy.

Anything new with you guys?

love beth

Anonymous said...

hope your shoulder is better
ken

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmm ....

Love,

Rick