Saturday, August 20, 2011

TEMPTATIONS

I was seriously tempted when this freshly baked, warm apple pie, was delivered to our doorstep.  Cathy and the girls had made it for Larry.  He has been enjoying it daily.

Life is full of temptations, most of them minor, but others seem to stare right in your face.  I have to make a decision about what I am going to do, or not do, or what I am going to let my mind dwell on that is negative.  Like the feeling of self-pity over not being able to eat what others can enjoy.

I am often tempted to try and do too much in one day and forget just to enjoy life.


I am tempted to make sense of a world in which there is so much suffering and pain.
Suffering is a part of our humanity.
Our response may be anger but hopefully that leads to action not despair.


I am tempted to put into words. what in reality, cannot be expressed
Words. . . . .words. . . .whirling in my brain. 
Words that make dreams come true.
Words that create pictures that bring color into our lives.
I love the story of Jesus turning the water into wine; it is so easy to picture it.  The spirit that brings beauty out of the ordinary and awakens the sacred within each one of our hearts.  Imagine tasting the most wonderful wine that flows through every part of your being to bring you new life!

The temptation can be to allow spirituality to be superficial and not to see that health comes with the journey inward, to a place of stillness.

I am so thankful there is so much wonderful fruit!  !  !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Banana's look great ,they are still $25 a pound here(11.98 a kg).
We have a run of nice days this week, very spring like .
Ken