Monday, December 5, 2011

CATCHING UP

Dad and I have decided not to have a real tree or a tree at all.  I have started decorated and we can turn some lights on outside.  I will string lights up inside around the window and I have some cuttings of branches of pine trees to give a Christmas smell

It was so great to catch up and be back at church.  The little cjhildren we have coming noiw are just adorable and there are more children too.  Came home to have a rest, so catching up will be a work in progress.

It was good to have a visit by skype with Carol and Panteli looking wonderful, relaxed and happy.  There are lots of things they can do to keep them busy,  I do not know if they have decided the tree issue but it will be different having a warm Christmas.  Having Mikie and Theresa and Ben and Morgan will be a real thrill.

I do want to get back to my walking.  I went yesterday afternoon and saw all the cars  driving by with Christmas trees tied to their roofs.  Dad was just getting in the car to look for me and I was ready for another nap.  Dad made me coffee and toast so I am being spoilt.

Dad watched the hockey game while I tried to find a birthday card to take over for Tavia.  Sunday was the actual date of her birthday but the party had been Saturday.  I am getting things mixed up but it worked out fine because we had a better visit.  They had just put up their tree and were drinking egg nog with a little extra added.  The cake was gluten free made from kenwa.  I know that is wrong I will correct it later.

 I would like to do some visiting is I can.  Leah is coming to visit us on Wed. and then we are off to Chilliwack to see Ben play Santa Clause.  Randy, you had better watch out there is competition in the family.  I bet Shandel would be delighted to have santa arrive at your house,

We will stay overnight so as not to have a late drive home and that will be our Christmas travelling

I would like to make a visit to Chapters one day even just to look at the Christmas candles etc.  I do not think I am ready to do much shopping the thought makes me tired.  I am not going to give this body any excuse to give in to any unwelcome germs.

So it is slow and easy and that seems to suite dad and I just fine.

Every year Christmas is different, we have had full houses and we have journeyed over mountains to brave cold Alberta.  I am so thankful for the visits with my mom and dad even though they were a little stressful at times. 

We will miss our loved ones so far away but they are in our hearts always.

I want to take time to make it a time for spiritual reflection to be thankful for many good years and for loving friends and family and hopefully a renewed burst of spiritual energy as I am reminded of the miracle of the birth of baby Jesus.


A Christmas memory a gift from Oliver. 

5 comments:

Shandel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shandel said...

I think its great that you are not putting up a tree this year. i know you would probably like to, but sometimes its nice to just have a few things that make it look like Christmas. I agree it would be a weird feeling to have Christmas in a warm climate. i shall have to try that someday.
I hope you can get back to some of your walking, i know that makes you so happy.
i read something the other day on another blog that i enjoyed and thought i would share with you.
maybe it will help you to be ok with not shopping or getting to worked up with the busyness of Christmas

"it is easy to get caught up this time of year in the Christmas madness. Enjoy the simple sweetness of the season."

to me this is a reminder to know that Christmas is about more then decorations and gifts. its about FAMILY, and visiting and FOOD :)
sharing love, laughter and fun.
that is what i am looking forward to the most....

ps: SANTA CLAUS really does come to Randy and Sandy's? BONUS haha.

Anonymous said...

I knew that breeze-through window would come in handy!

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Well, we probably won't have a tree, biut I just came back from the store and did buy a string of mini-lites, as well as a few XMas ribbons. We'lls ee if Ben and Morgan put enough rpessure on, maybe there will be a tree afterall! Glad you are feeling better, Beth!

Panteli

beth bennett said...

Wonderful comments. I so enjoyed them all!

love mom

love grama