Thursday, December 22, 2011

THE SHEPHERD'S STORY

This is our precious little Morgan in her secret little hiding place under the stairs.

The children love to hear stories and I love telling them.

We are all a part of an unfolding story that express who we are in words and in deeds and they become memories for others to carry in their hearts,

I love the Christmas Story because it brings Good News of unepected  joy and love to all.  The shepherds came just to worship, just as they were, to see for themselves the new baby.  They did not bring presents but simple hearts of faith.  They lived close to nature and were excluded from the more educated people of that day.  They were chosen to see a miracle and I believe that when we listen and wait we will see and experience good news.

I had a fun day with the ladies at church.  It was good just to talk and be together.

Dad has his shoulder x-rayed because it is painful and then came home and worked very hard to make Shepherds pie for me.  It was excellent.  Watch the hockey game and went to bed early as usual.

I know that there are many unbelievers who are more kinder and generous than those of us who believe and I believe that all human beings are made in the image of God, carrying goodness and wisdom hidden within us all.

At the heart of my faith there is the awe and wonder of all that Jesus did and said to help me bear sorrow, receive forgiveness and be blessed by the assurance of unconditional love.  The birth we celebrate was a birth of love, a gift of grace and truth that strengthens me deep within my soul!

May we like the shepherds come and see for ourselves and feel the presence of love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the Xray show anything? Or do you have to wait a bit to hear the results? It's quite fitting that Larry would be making sheperd's pie during the Christmas Season!
Having fun with Ollie and the Alexanders!

Panteli

beth bennett said...

No Panteli no results yet.

I am sure you are all have a grand time.

Thank you so much for your comment

love beth

Anonymous said...

I think a MRI would reveal more with the shoulder .
Great game yesterday.
Ken