Monday, December 19, 2011

MAYBE

A baren womb becomes fertile.
The miracle incurs in our hearts as we ponder this new life.
Maybe it is time for the world to take time to live life at a slower simpler and more heartfelt pace,

Maybe it is time for me not to get all anxious and what  to get things done quickly.

Maybe it is time for dad to get a little more active.  I hope he can get in to see his doctor today because his feet are very painful and he has a sore eye lid and stomach problems.  He is really not feeling that good.  On the other hand I am finally feeling a bit stronger everyday.

Maybe it is a good time to remember the prayer of serenity.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a tine,
enjoying one moment at a time,
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.

Taking, this sinful world as Jesus did, with the grace of acceptance
Trusting Jesus will make things better as I learn to surrender to His will
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him forever in the next.,

Maybe it is time to consider the birth of Mary's child and her dreams for his life.

Maybe we need a new vision of who Jesus was, what he did, and why it matters,

I experienced a real sense of joy and peace in church yesterday.
  I would like to go Christmas Eve if it works out,

It is wonderful to have Cameron and Shandel visiting and bringing lots of fun into our lives.

We are sorry Oliver will not be coming but joining the group in the Grand Chayman.

Rick is on his way to Trinidad to see his son; yes we have family there and in the Grand Cayman and in Australia, in Edmonton and in Kamloops as well as Vancouver.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you meant with "Jesus in the next" not "in the net", but, actually, maybe the internet will be the only thing that survives the end of the universe: an endless streams of zeros and ones. In the beginning was the word ...

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

sounds like an ending to a spilberg film - begining and ending with the zeros and one - I am once again trying my hand at learning visual basic - doing better this time - unfortunately my silly computer all to often does not change to a capital when pressing the left hand arrow up button - not good for a programer.

Anonymous said...

dad

beth bennett said...

Very brillant reply Rick.

Just got your card returned so I must have the wrong address. I will kedep it with leah's present.

love mom