Thursday, December 1, 2011

RADICAL

                              I live in a radical world of fast pace changes.

Right now I feel exhausted just getting out of bed in the morning, which is a common condition I am sure.  I did manage to write my Christmas cards to Australia and take them to the mailbox.  The sunshine  is awesome and I am now convinced that there is no fast track to getting my health and energy back. 

I go for another x-ray about the 19 of December just to make sure all is well.

I look around me at all the new gadgets we have that we are having so much difficulty using.  A phone we do not know how to answer, me anyway, but it tells me where I am, which I usually know, and what the time is and the temperature.  So I can read all this while trying to figure out how to answer,

Our remote control has a mind of its own and will not do what you ask without going through three or four steps.  I would be helpless without dad.

This awesome, fascinating world that is making new discoveries everyday leaves me breathless and a bit confused.  And yet in parts of the world life is as primitive as in the days of the Old Testament.  I cling to the hope that there is a lot of good in most of us because good is what God created.  We have somehow messed up our potential for goodness and have let selfishness and greed take control.

God came to us in the birth of Jesus of Nazareth, so that a new story could be told.  A story of love and forgiveness that fills the heart with beauty not fear. 

Our perception of faith in our Creator, has changed since Abraham looked at the stars and heard the voice of God, because much has changed within us and around us.  We now question everything. 

I have taken Christ into my heart because of the love I have experienced alone in his presence and in the love in the eyes and hearts of those who walk with me.  I look forward to celebrating his birth that has birthed within me the spirit of love.

When I fight against being sick I become miserable but when I accept this time as a gracious gift then the light shines even on the drabness of my days.

"And it was Good."  Genesis


So very happy Jazzy had a better night,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, sometimes being sick can be a sort of rest, sort of a "time out" from responsibility; even a funny sort of perch to look at normal life from.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful but cold morning. You are well ahead of me getting your international christmas cards winging there way around the globe.Geof and l really wish for simple to operate modern technology. However that l think that is an oxymoron! Love Jane

Anonymous said...

My phone also controls my TV !Jassy slept right last night as well , which is great for us. Matthew decided to paint the living room wall with magic marker,not happy about that. Jesse has only two weeks left of school for the year. I have until next wednesday to get my CV and cover sheet in for the POCO job. Cool ,but sunny today.
Ken