Wednesday, November 30, 2011

REJOICE

Dad and I drive along the flats to White Rock to get the results of my x-ray.  I am trying not to worry but my mind goes back to my lung operation and I just do not want to have to go through that nightmare again.  When confronted with a situation where the outcome is unknown I often imagine the worst.  This allows a great overwhelming fear to control me.  My faith seems very small and unreal at times like this, but prayer helps.

          'I've had a very difficult life,
           Fortunately, most of it didn't happen,"
               Mark Twain.

Our imagination is a very powerful tool that too often I use to envision the worst.  Causing pain and fear to take control. 

I was thankful to read the good results although another x-ray would be required in a month's time.

Today I am committing myself to doing whatever it takes to become more peaceful, more understanding, more joyful and happy.  I will use my imagination creatively!  I will give my body time to heal. 

          "If I am at war with myself,
            I can bring little peace
            to my fellow man."
                  Anonymous

I do hope to meet this dear person anonymous in heaven one day.

Jesus said: "Only my father is Good."

I pray that God with his infinite wisdom with infinite grace can help me to become better.  Today is a new day to rejoice and be happy!


Thank you Cathy for the visit and the prayer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today sounds like it should be nice and sunny, great for sitting in the front room and watching the world go by. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes, but I would like at least to walk to the mailbox!
love mom

Anonymous said...

Glad the results from the x-ray were good.

The sun over the weekend will brighten every one's mood, I hope!

I've just decided that I should have mailed Lucas' Christmas present, but it is too late now. I will have to lug it with me.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2011/11/gluten-free-banana-nut-bread-recipe.html a good blog today, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Jasmine has an ear infection , the dr gave her antibiotics
and she slept right through last night. Didn't you say you
had to get more X-rays next year ? Any way rest up and
you will be out walking again in no time.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

I have a little business card that gives me comfort, especially needed in the last few days...it says:

CLOSE YOUR EYES
When your day is pressure packed and your hours are all too few, Just close your eyes and mediate and let God talk to you.

I hope you will find comfort too Beth. Nancy

nancy-Lou said...

That was a funny typo....mediate rather than meditate.....can you imagine mediating with God?