Wednesday, November 16, 2011

PLAYFULNESS

Beautiful!  Beautiful!
There is a playfulness inside of each one of us that longs to dive into a pile of leaves, to dance to a tune on the radio, to laugh at some silly joke, to shout and hear your own echo, to just enjoy life for the sheer moment of silliness.  There is also within us a part of us that responds to the pure beauty of nature.  Both of these re-actions set us free from earthly worries and concerns.

This morning I am happy just to relax and not set out for my morning challenge.  I sit doing my blog and my washing machine is happily washing my clothes.  How cool is that.

This is very unusual for me.  Dad is very happy getting up and quietly reading ALL the news even articles on the computer.  Life is interesting because we are all so different.  I look at our children and see how each one of them is so perfectly unique.

As we allow life to shape and mold us we find deeper values hidden within.  This is a painful process because it takes time and admitting that we have been wrong.

I am missing the meeting of our United Church Women this morning.  We are a small group that still manages to go great things.  Cold feet are made warm as we collect warm socks for the homeless. we contribute to needs of the church and even our least coins are sent to faraway countries to be used to feed and clothe the little ones.  We also have speakers that help us keep informed.  We are just a very small group of women who have been friends a long time and we have shared each other's griefs and joys.

It also recognizes sin in our own hearts.  Sin that can be as simple as being discourteous, thinking only of one's self; a place of rigid and static stubbornness out of which we lie and cheat and distrust.

I have been reading about kairos time, which is not bound by time at all.  We are all apart of this time.  When I visit a friend knowing that they are dying of cancer, my faith is nothing if I do not believe that in Kairos time, in God's time, she will be made whole and that even know she is being used by God as a witness to a life lived day by day gallantly and bravely.


Today like every day I have plans that I am hoping to be able to do and it helps to be feeling so much better.  Cathy (of the 5) dropped by last night when I was already in bed.  I had finally let them know I had not been well.  Her visit is so calming and loving.  She knows what it is to struggle with health issues especially fatigue and mental disability.

There are so many different people that have been apart of my life and who continually teach me and affirm me.  I am gradually learning to turn everything over to God especially those who are suffering and who one day will leave us.

There are many gates will all pass through as we journey on in search of a glimmer of truth; and only when we are on the other side will we know!

I pray knowing only God knows the answers.

 I pause in wordless wonder, to enjoy the beauty that is holding us close to the very heart of Love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, "the pure beauty of nature," there is a clue to God in that but I'm not sure what it is, exactly, or where it leads to, but I know it leads somewhere. Beauty and art are god, somehow, and when science and philosophical thought (possibly including law) approaches the beauty of art, which it always does, then it, too, is on the path of the shape of God.

The only thing that does not lead to god is religious doctrine. Ironic, that. Religious doctrine and religious observances are all about culture and only the smallest bit about god.

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

I really liked the paragraph about your friend who has cancer and how she is a witness for God. It gives us comfort and understanding. A part of me wants to agree with Rick's comments about religious doctrine .....A good point about how culture has shaped it. Perhaps I would like to call my belief FAITH not RELIGION.....not sure though if I can give up my church. I am glad you are feeling stronger Beth.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

nice photo of th sunset mom .
Ken