Monday, November 7, 2011

GIFTS

The greatest gift anyone can give us is the gift of their time.

I was very blessed by the visit of Sandra and Randy and their thoughtfulness.  We shared lunch together and caught up on family news.  They looked at my medication and explained that I was taking it wrong.
How stupid can one be?  Hope her class at first aid goes well.  Was it today or tomorrow I cannot remember.

I have to laugh as I think of how perfectly imperfect we all are!

I am fortunate to have an easy treatable disease but I am missing my morning walk which I am sure would do me good.

Also had a phone call from Carol and Panteli.  I think it was in the cool 80's   They are enjoying getting involved with the community arts and play group.  Kim is still doing her pottery.
./  

This is one of my favorite prayers from "My Grandfather's Blessings" by Rachael Naomi Remen, M.D

"Days and years vanish and we walk sightless among miracles.

Lord fill our eyes with seeing and our minds with knowing.

Let there be moments when Your Presence, like lightning, illuminates the darkness in which we walk."

We are the clay that was shaped by God and His breath blew upon us, to give us life.


Awe and gratitude!



No comments: