Thursday, November 17, 2011

NORMAL

Silently the leaves are falling and the bare brown earth is carpeted the ground with color.
 God is in the silence.
 Real friends are those you can just sit in silence with and enjoy their company without words.

My life is returning to normal.  I burn the toast, spill the coffee. lose everything, try to figure out what to have for supper, going for short walks and enjoying being outside.  I tire very quickly and have not been able to carry out plans I make early in the morning. 

Dad is doing the shopping and I still have to remind him to check the ingredients but other than that he is doing a grand job.  He now knows all the clerks in the store and they just laugh as he gets to the check-out and has to go back because he has forgotten something.

He is cooking supper while I do a short visit to the Nursing home to let people know I have not just disappeared.  Hopefully I will fill the day with good thoughts and good kind acts and really that is what it is all about.  I feel that I go with the blessing of the Creator, the Holy One who was called El.

Yes it is all about doing unto others with kindness and sensitivity what we would like done unto us.  There is a pattern that becomes our life and the more kindness and compassion we weave into it the more beautiful it becomes.

I am a part of a grand design that cannot be explained or understood but just lived as faithfully as I can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, toast tastes better when it is slightly burnt. Fine line though.

Are any of the cashiers at the grocery store from Saskatchewan?

Love,

Rick

Shandel said...

So glad to hear life is slowing returning to the way you like it. A slower pace is sometimes what we all need! Here in Spruce Grove/Stony Plain we have been hit with a snow storm! over 10 cm in one day...it is beautiful and yucky at the same time! haha
have a great day and enjoy your walks

Anonymous said...

hot as here , 33c and no air con . Good to hear ou are returning to normal mom.
Ken