Wednesday, November 23, 2011

EXPECTATIONS

I have great expectations when dad and I start making the pumpkin muffins; even though I am not in the best mood.  Measuring seems like such a big effort so I just dump in the canned pumpkin for dad to stir and follow it with the flour which seems to end up everywhere but in the bowl.  In my hair, on the floor and on my clothes and I just hope the right amount ended up where it was suppose to be.

But in the end they turned out pretty good.  Well, good enough for me to eat.  Whipping cream on top helped!

Life can seem a lot like this disaster  One.e thing after another can go wrong until I reach the point I wonder if anything will turn out for the best.  Yesterday fatigue hit like a ton of bricks and I start to think is the rest of my life going to be lived feeling so rotten.  I pray about my doubts and fears and ask for courage.  Courage means that I have to admit I am afraid and that I am not sure about my future.

Okay so it is okay to fail because it happens to us all.  I felt like a failure yesterday because it seemed like I had gotten worse and I was expecting everyday to get better and better

Courage is the gift that helps me remember that I have come through difficult things in the past and gives me faith that the future has the potential to allow me to tap into hidden resources of energy.  But this will take time and patience and faith.  A good night's sleep helps but also the expectations  that good waits for me on the road ahead.

But first I must be willing to keep trying and to have the courage that faith will guide me and help me to take one step at a time.


I wrote this blog and all of a sudden it disappeared and I know that the second writing is not so good.

We all want to think we are searching for the Real Truth and that somehow it will bring beauty into our lives but; be aware truth can make you miserable before it sets you free.  There are many things about myself that I am unhappy about but as long as I see what needs to be changed there is hope!

Courage and faith prepare the way to finding truth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder why it is that truth is so often seen as something hurtful? What is it about reality that no one wants to face? Sounds like yesterday was not the best of days, maybe the windy night before had something to do with it. Here is to a better day today, they say the sun might even peek out.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

At least the muffins turned out good enough to eat.Thanks for the phone call.
ken

nancy-Lou said...

Sending prayers for you ....better health so you can pass it along to all those you care for. Remember you have been ill and it will take a while before you get back to normal! We all are impatient when it comes to our health. My husband had his hip replacement surgery 3 weeks ago and he thinks he should be " all better, by now!" Sharing our older years with our spouses is something special that I treasure. Just think if we had to face all these things alone. I have friends who have to do this. I know you are grateful for Larry, you mention how much he helps you. I just have to train my husband to start to cook and bake....that is the trick! Nancy