Friday, November 18, 2011

WHITE

I am excited as I look out and see the ground now being covered with whote snow.  I love to walk in it it makes all the world seem so quiet.  It was a good thing dad bought me some new warm gloves as I had already lost one. I am so happy to wake up feeling so much better just in time to enjoy an early morning walk.

I am fortunate to have time in my day to enjoy just being alive!

There are days that get a little too busy but I am taking care not to do more than I have the energy for.  I realize that most people have very busy stressful lives that leave little time for meditation and quiet thoughts.  If I listen to the news I find myself getting tense and fearful with all that is going on. 

We have not been able to solve the problems of greed, violence, hatred, addictions, mistrust and injustice.  We have to keep trying.

I believe that the goal of all good people, religious or not is to make this world a better place.  Love and compassion will help us improve and turn away from negative and selfish desires, help us heal our wounded souls and discover that inner peace is possible.

I believe that spiritual practice can help us first change ourselves as we at the same time try to helpthers to change.  Ignorance allows anger and bitterness to take root and to allow change there has to be a willingness to be disciphined.  Good intentions are not enough.  I find I stumble over the same mistakes time and time again,

All religions have their cultural values and we do not need to convert each other but live with respect and appreciation for the good that is in all cultures.  Misunderstantings cause pain and anger.  There are no winners when we see the cost of fighting war after war.

What a difference a day can make!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful as the snow does make everything quiet, including cars coming up behind you.

I agree that spiritual practices can make people feel more content. Who was it that wrote the book "The Comfortable Pew"?

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

So glad you are returning to better health and able to get out for short walks and visits, l was quite glad that the snow was almost melted away when l drove to exercise class at 8.30 a.m.. Hoping to see you soon.
Love Jane

nancy-Lou said...

Beth...do you know about this website> Great recipes that are gluten free. Nancy


http://heckagoodrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/02/key-lime-cupcakes-with-cream-cheese.html

beth bennett said...

Richard Burton

Yes I am very careful.

love mom

beth bennett said...

No thanks for the tip Nancy. Beth