Sunday, November 13, 2011

ORDINARY PEOPLE

We are all just ordinary people in the process of change. Also even the ordinary have great significance!  I believe that there is an extraordinary presence that helps us to change and discover our significance.

Most of us want to be healthy and active and helpful but stress that we are aware of and unknown stress eats away within us and we feel discontent.  I want all my loved ones to be happy and healthy but they all have their problems.

I lie awake at night and try to pray especially for those who are weighed down with the burdens of life.

If we have a healthy lifestyle and  healthy relationships it helps our bodies to find a balance that can renew us and recreate new energy.  This does not just happen but takes effort.

If for this moment in time I can sense that I am not alone in this silence
 but have the potential to tape into the power of creation that surrounds us all,
I have been richly blessed.

I grew up in a far simpler world although as a child I did not always understand the problems my parents had to deal with.  I think both dad and mom were perfectionists in their own way.  My dad worked very hard at work and liked everything at home to be in order and my mom was very good at that.  Work was very important and play was what you did after all the work was done.

As I read the stories of Jesus I realize that he grew up in a very different time than me.  Yet this man Jesus was able to touch what was ordinary in the lives of those he ministered to and bring compassion and understanding.  As I read I realize that, that which is true of any religious figure, is true of Jesus who we may think we know and yet there is much that is unknown.  I believed that he struggled with all the humanness that we struggle with; loneliness, rejection, angry and frustration and the fear that the truth had not really touched the hearts of those he loved and cared so passionately about.

Yet His Spirit captures the hearts of many today who try to model their lives after him and accept that all suffering cannot be alleviated.  Yet, this Holy Spirit can touch the lives who are open to it's transforming power.

I am very thankful that dad understands I get grouch when I feel so weak and tired and think I should be all better.  I am thankful for good friends like Jane who bring me goody bags to cheer me up and keep me informed of others who are going through very difficult health issues.

I am thankful for each one of my family knowing that I am loved just for being me.

Hopefully we may be able to have a drive and it will do us both good.  Dad did not sleep well last night and neither did I.  I pray for his healing.  He will sleep well for four hours from 4 to 8 but then I am ready for bed.

I am doing much better so far to day.

We are all just very ordinary people that have the potential to grow and be transform, sometimes through suffering, into more loving people because the love of all creation lives through Jesus in  timeless ways. 

How wonderful that the Spirit of Jesus is willing to work within us
 even when we are impatient and just a little grouchy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dont worry to much about sleep mom , some people survive on only 3 hours a night for years . Your body will tell you when you need sleep . and guess what you will sleep . Ps most people go to bed at 11pm after the news , you go to bed so early that your bady wakes you up when it is rested . ( KEN OPINION ONLY )