Monday, November 21, 2011

THE FIGHT

It was a very real fight, with myself, to go out for an early morning walk in the cold frosty morning.  My neighbors were scrapping off their windows, concentrating very hard in this miserable job. Scrap scrap scrap. 

Coming home it was a fight to wash my hair and get ready for church.

Putting on a happy face will be good for me and knowing that so many people care about me and will be so glad to see me lifts my spirits.  I have spent too many days feeling soul-weary, gazing out the window uncaring and unresponsive, too tired even to read. 

Getting ready for my walk I realize that I have already lost one of my new warm beautiful gloves.  I thought I had out grown this but I guess not.

Sunday morning has always been a welcome time when I  can forget about the joys and the sorrows that weigh me down.  At times I worry too much and yes I need to trust that my faith will not make everything turn out right; but I do not need to know all the answers or believe that there is this magic plan for my life; but just be thankful for all the struggles that seem at times to lead to dead ends.

Yes, I can see how hard it can be for others to believe if they have never experienced the "peace that passes understanding" and the healing grace of love.


I am always glad I make the effort!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm, I had very little fight in me this weekend, though I did take care of some anoying half accomplished jobs that kept nagging at me every time I looked at them. Sandra

Anonymous said...

l am so glad you made the effort . What a baptismal experience . First capture and identify the candidates! We are off to Vancouver Island today with cousin Elizabeth to visit other cousins but will be back on Tuesday. Love Jane.

Anonymous said...

looks like you are getting some young ones at Colelbrook. Matthew has a full blown head cold now.Jassy fell out of the pram onto her head.Thank God she was ok.Melina took her to the Dr.
Ken