Wednesday, November 2, 2011

VALUE

This the view from the hospital window where we visited Pearle briefly yesterday and dad and I went to the hospital after my  visit to the doctor.

I am reminded of the value of good heath now that I am feeling so miserable with bronchitis.

I know that I am now on the road to recovery and that I should have listened to dad urging me to go sooner.  Life itself is such a great blessing and I have come to wonder if realizing and valuing
this gift is a big part of healing.

Blessing and valuing each other helps untie the unhealthy fear and self-doubt that lives within me.
There was also a healing in my relationship with my doctor because he seemed to care and be concerned.

Marin Buber reminds us that just to live is holy.  Just to be! 

I will have a quiet day today and that is okay.  This was going to be a busy week, for me that is, but I will be changing my plans somewhat.

Dad had a busy day yesterday; shopping and driving me to the doctor, cooking and planing supper and cleaning up.  He made bacon and eggs and we had his lemon pie ready for our desert.



I was up at 4 coughing but thought I could do my walk but when I got up I realized how very weak and dizzy I was feeling.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pie looks very good. Was it gluten free crust? I hope you are having a nice snuggle up and keep warm kind of day, it was only 2 degrees out when I was driving in to work. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes it was.
Yes I am.
love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Beth, how heart warming it is to read of how you and Larry step up to the plate and help each other....that truly is what marriage is about, being there for each other, through good and bad times. The lemon pie looks fabulous. Now if you could just tell me the secret on how you convinced Larry to become a cook?
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I think he had just thinking about it himself and he has reaaly taken to it like a duck to water.

Larry has always liked a challenge and because he is retired he has time.

HE also knew I had lost the enthusiasum for it

He actually likes choping away and is even taking an interest in shopping. It is nice to work together as I help with things like how you separate egg yolks.

I have wished for this in the past and now it is happening. I feel that I am very blessed even when he forces me to go to the doctor
Beth

Anonymous said...

Melina and Jesse are unwell today. The weather has been so cold ,wet,and windy , but finnally we are getting some hot weather this weekend. Hope you are feeling better. The pie looks really tasty.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Melina and Jesse are not well.
Hope they will be better soon.
Am praying for Joan and for you all.
love mom