Wednesday, November 9, 2011

SURPRISED

I am feeling exhausted after my day out yesterday going to the doctor.
I went expecting to hear good news because I was feeling so much better.
I could hardly believe it when dad and I were told I had had pneumonia.

Yes I was better but another x-ray would have to be taken in two weeks. 
Walking in the cold damp was not advisable but resting and keeping warm and finishing my medicine was the best thing for me to do to get completely well.

Dad is now joining me with his coughing.  What a pair!

I remind myself that my body is "fearfully and wonderfully made" and
that there is amazing healing power that is at work within me; a mystery!

Blessings
When someone sneezes we say "Bless you" hardly thinking.  It used to be believed that when one sneezes one is close to death.  "Bless you really meant something.  Studying about Jacob and Esau
I think we need to reawaken our sense of blessing.

When I used to visit the elderly years back they liked to sing "Count your blessings, name them one by one!|"  That is a good thing to remember.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get better soon Mom.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

I didnt know that about sneezing.
Get well soon
Love kim