Tuesday, November 22, 2011

THE WAVES AND THE WIND.

Standing at the shore watching the small waves coming gentley to touch the sand there is a sense that I am at one with creation and with all those who have stood here before me and will be here when I am not.  Dad certainly choose the right day for our visit to the ocean.  The tides continue and no man can control them they are a fact of life.

I remember the delight I had as a prairie child coming to the coast with my family to visit our friends.  I would just love swimming in the ocean and could do it for hours.  The beach is a fascinating place to find treasures that I would take home with me every year.

Last night the wind was making furious assaults on our house and kept waking me up.  A lot of those leaves that have been hanging on to their branches will be on the ground this morning.  Often there will be one lead clinging stubbornly to it's branch.  Afraid to let go and experience the joy of the wind carrying it up to the sky and sailing free before is touches the earth.  God is in the wind that can lift us beyond the safety of where we have been into the great unknown.

 It looks like it is raining this morning but it is hard to tell in the darkness.

"The light shines even when our eyes do not see it"  To be able to see and hear not only in the physical world but to sense that I can also see and hear in the invisible reality that surrounds us all.  I know that to experience light even in the darkness is to be aware of something greater than my understanding.

Silence is the soul breathing and the heart opening and the wonder of life expressing itself all.

Special prayers for Mathew and Jassmine this morning.  Hope that Mathew's cold is better soon and also that Jassy recovers from her fall and that all will be well. 

I am not as good as I think I am as trying to do a bit of shopping for Christmas just made me sooo weary. 

I will send my love on the waves and on the wind to all my family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were kept awake most of the night with the wind too. It just howls like crazy through the power lines and then things kept bumping against the house. Jasmine fell? Nothing broken I hope.
Sandra

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Read KEN'S comment on yesterday's blog

Love mom

Anonymous said...

Jassy is ok , just a bruise left on her forhead.Matthew had a bit of a vomit and a cough last night.
ken

Anonymous said...

oh yeah Joan says thanks for the card , her knee is better.
ken