Sunday, November 20, 2011

COMMON


There is still a light dusting of snow on the ground and it feels very cold to me.  My little snow man has melted and is a sad little pile on the ground.  I was surprised to see only one other snow man on my walks but I guess children are too busy to be having fun in the snow.  Too bad.  One of the great joys of childhood, that really was as much fun as I remember.

So sorry to hear that little Mathew has the croup.  The first five years with small children are so exhausting as they often get sick and that is such a worry.

Dad was feeling pressure in his eye last night which is a big worry too.  Fortunately he sees the eye doctor on Friday.  He likes his new eye drops better.

We had our pictures taken for the church directory and we look like a sad pair with big smiles at least. I had my second x-ray which will decide if I need a cat-scan because of changes in the left lung.  Waiting to hear the news is annoying but then again so fortunate to have all this modern medicine.

My walks are almost back at a normal pace and dad has relaxed about me going for my walks.  I tend to get depressed if I cannot do my walking but I count it as one of my spiritual acts.

We are watching a funny D.V.D. about religion which pokes fun at all religions and at our pictures of God that we carry in our minds.  I have progressed in that I am able to see the humor that helps me to see the truth more realistically. 
Dad agrees with the actress and I know that self-aggrandizement needs to be brought down to earth. 

We had a visit from John and Pat after we had gone down to the Sylvia for lunch.  We enjoyed both.  We have a lot in common with them having been friends a long time.  We agree that we should do more things we enjoy doing while we can.  Family problems and health issues can so easily pop up just when life seems to be sailing along.  This has the capacity to rob life of it's enjoyment especially if we do not grow with the changes that need to be made.

I hope that I never lose the ability to care about what is really important.  Even when you are living by faith that God can strengthen and help us through I find that I can be in a place of soul-weariness.
This is a common theme in spiritual writings; but still does not deny that there is a living force that lies deep within and beneath all our emotions.


2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Walks can be like a communion with God.....reaffirming our faith. I love my solo walks.....meditation and prayer fill my steps. Often a friend will suggest walking together, but I like to go alone. We have a large population of wolves this winter and I have seen them, once within 15 feet, but they are after the deer. We are over run with deer. It is cold here, -18 this morning, but I see it is snowy and cold in Vancouver and Parksville. I will miss our annual trip there, but will enjoy being home. Going to buy new cross country skiis.Take care Beth, Nancy

nancy-Lou said...

I forgot to say what a gorgeous picture of the white mums. They contrast so well with the dark green glossy foliage. You are a super photographer Beth. Why not make calendars for 2012 for gifts?
Nancy