Friday, November 4, 2011

HOMEBOUND

The sun's warmth teases me and makes me long to go out and rake the leaves or go for a short walk.  I an sick of being sick.

I am thankful that I enjoy reading and doing small tasks around home.

Jane dropped by to brighten the day with her presence and say a healing prayer for me to release negative energy.  We both believe in the healing power of prayer and the need to sometimes examine your life to be sure that my will is in tune with God's.  Scripture is a big help and remind us that encouragement, inspiration and empowerment are available to us all as they are a gift from God.

"I praise you O Lord for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."  Psalm 139:13

Repressed negative emotions drain the joy out of us.  Help me O Lord to know myself.  Even the faintest prayer of those who suffer finds it's way to the heart of God.  I was reminded of seeds and bulbs that are planted that come to life each spring.  There is a seed planted in each one of us to help us grow and develop into what we were meant to be.

Dad was not feeling so well yesterday and had a bit of a sore throat so I encouraged him to gargle.  We were both delighted with the chicken that Jane delivered to us for supper.  He did not feel up to cooking and he has been doing such a great job.

We have been asked to join Theresa at a hockey game in Chilliwack on Sat. night and I am hopeful that we can go although it looks doubtful as this moment.  Here again I am reminded that scripture tells us if we lack wisdom ask God, who gives generously and faithfully.  James  1:5-8



Here I am breathing the steam from the steamer!  I cannot wait to be out breathing the fresh morning air and enjoying being apart of the life that is all around me.   It is so hard to be patient!

Grant Lord, that I may learn to wait reverently
Loving and praying in silence
Standing at the door till it is opened.
Michel Quoist



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice and warm here today, 30c !! Hope you feel better soon.
ken