Saturday, November 19, 2011

CHOICES

I am so thankful for the choices I do have especially to be able to go back out for my walks.  I love taking big steps and swinging my arms  and breathing in the freshness of a new day.  I admire the trees and laugh at a silly squirrel dashing across my path, I look down the road before me waiting for me to come.  I talk to myself and to God. 

Sometimes I really need someone to talk to and just listen to me.  Sometimes I even have inspiring thoughts that I wish I could write down because I know they will vanish as quickly as they come.

I choose to believe in God who I cannot see nor can I understand.  When I look at the mess the world is in now I find that even more difficult to understand.  Why doesn't make me really rich so I could give it away and help others who so little.

I find it easy to choose to find beauty in scripture even among the ugly violence and intolerance.

I believe that in all the many words that seem confusing the simple truth is that there can be sacred moments and sacred places in each one of our lives.  You just know that you are not alone.  This makes me feel very tiny and the world amazingly big.  But for a moment this unconditional, amazing, inspiring love is shining light upon me.  I feel loved by the whole universe and special just because I am me,

There is a story about a Tailor in Nicaraguan in the village of Cuppa, who, when the Virgin began appearing to him in 1980 prayed that she would choose someone else, as he had probems enough!

Sometimes I want to just rant and rage at God because of all the injustice in the world but after I do that I become silent, take a big breath until the silence becomes the presence I couldn't feel in my anger.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks cold and wintery. Are you all better now?
Matthew has a croup cough.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about MATHEW that is very scary and miserable. Do hope he is better soon.

My cough is gone and my energy walking is coming back but i run out of steam during the day. I want to do things like getting things for Christmas but . .

How is Joan? Can you e-mail us more news. Any news about work?
love mom