Tuesday, November 15, 2011

YESTERDAY

Awe yesterday promised to be such a good day.  I went for a bit of a walk ans just enjoyed the fresh air and seeing people rushing to catch the bus and life seem to b so normal.  I was a part of this moving energy that had a plan and a purpose.  I wanted to go to the library to pick up  the book I had ordered although it has taken so long coming I had for gotten what it was about.


I love taking my time just to look and marvel at all the stories and history and thoughts that have been put into words.

But as I was looking all my strength started to drain from me leaving me feeling bone weary.  My plans to do some shopping would have to be forgotten.

It was good I came home early as I had phone calls from Oliver and from Shawna and Stephen.
I always love to hear from them.
I have opened my box of chocolates and they are excellent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you got out a bit so that is a start. Did dad go over and get the groceries then? Sandra

Anonymous said...

Well a phone call from Ollie is always nice, but the box of chocolates would be my favourite! Hee hee...hope you are getting better, even if only slowly!

Panteli

Anonymous said...

Well, it is good to get out and see the thing - to see the fresh air, and see the movement and strength of the world going by. That's enough. So mission accomplished.

It's not that people didn't understand Jesus's idea of god's love being free and available to all, but rather that they (particularly the scribes, pharisees and the priests) understood what it meant for them! That is, a loss of power, status and wealth.

And, you know, not much has changed. The Christian religion (particularly the Catholic bit) has made itself not into an image of Jesus, but into the image of those who opposed Jesus!

The Pope is not the descendent, as is sometimes claimed, of the apostles, but rather of Pilate and the high preists and all of that.

Least it be said that I am simply be anti-Catolic, this phenomenon is present in all religions. For example: Buddha said, "free your mind, and detach from the desires of the task-driven-conscious mind". He didn't say, "let's have monks and build temples and statutes of me with a fat tummy"!!!!

Love,

Rick