Wednesday, December 14, 2011

DISASTER

Poor Theresa her connecting flight from Toronto was booked for the next day.  Hopefully she will be able to get on a plane to Chicago and then another stop before she reaches the Grand Cayman.  She is in touch with Kim who is helping her.  She is exhausted having not slept and the children were hungry but now have had something.

I was sound asleep when she phones which never happens I am always awake at that time, so am, not quite sure what she will be doing but hoping and praying it will work out.  She has a four hour wait for Chicago.

Are there people there who should help her?  She has her baggage but wonders if it will be checked onto the next flight automatically.

We feel so helpless and so worried for them all.

Our friend Larry Olsson who lives in Toronto has been in hospital with atrial fibrillation other wise maybe they could help.

Christmas is a disaster time to travel I believe.

Sorry Sandra that there was no supper left for you but I thought you said you would phone if you were coming.  I would have set a plate aside if I had known.

I am waiting to hear from Leah if she is coming today if not I have other plans with U.C.W.

Friday has been changed and Rick will come over later because of my doctor's appointment.
Rick had a visit with Leah on Kamloops so I doubt we will be seeing Chris.  But I am hoping and praying that all the family will be safe on their travels.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Beth Toronto is supposedly a horrid airport ! as in ize etc. I wish she could've called Natasha . not that Tash could've gotten there but she probably could've offered advice on where to go etc.
I do hope she has a flight out now by the time I am readings this .
The only solice I can think of is Thank God she is young ☺ and I'm sure the Caymans are going to make up for all the hard work getting there .

Anonymous said...

Kim just got off the phone with various airlines. we booked a flight from Toronto today through american airlines via Chicago, and they should be here tonight at 9:00 PM.

The next challenge is to try to get a refund from Air Canada. They had sent an email to Theresa's old email account back in June, but Theresa was no longer getting those emails, so that's how this screw-up happened. We'll give it our best shot to try and get a refund.

Panteli

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of Theresa's plight. At least she is stuck in an english speaking airport with regular food. Sandra

Shandel said...

Did Mike not fly with the family for the holiday's? i hope they have a quick flight there so they can unwind and relax. it is always frustrating when wires get crossed with airlines.
specially when its at this time of year with the hustle and bustle of Christmas holidays.

thanks for keeping all of us posted
xo

Anonymous said...

Thats too bad , i hope their return flights are still booked .
Did a 20 mins phone interview yesterday, if I make it a final face to face interview tomorrow.
Ken

beth bennett said...

, Sounds like you are doing well and I do hope and pray for the best.love mom