Thursday, December 15, 2011

STRESS

At times I feel so far away from my loved ones.
Yesterday both dad and I were both so worried about Theresa and the children it was hard to concentrate on anything.  We kept waiting for news all day after we got the early morning phone call they could not get on the flight they had booked.

Finally got hold of Panteli last night to find out they had flown to New York and finally  on to Miama where there they were forced to stay in a motel because the plane had an oil leak.  In some ways that was good news as they would  hopefully have some rest.  They are due in Grand Caymon around noon or one.  What a miserable experience for Theresa travelling without Mickie who is going later in the week.  Had a hard time sleeping last night.

Dad and I did go out and get a book for Lucas for Christmas which we will give to Rick to-morrow.

I will visit Jim and take him his cookies today and carry on to the hospital to see Freda who is in hospital from a fall.  So much sadness.

The rest of the world seems to be caught up in parties and having fun but not me.  I have no desire to go shopping and I really do not know what to buy anyway.  I have a book for dad and myself and one for Sandra and Randy and we have cards and money for Craig and Leah if we see them.

There is a joy in giving and receiving gifts; simple gifts can create a loving atmosphere.

I think both dad and I feel so old.

 We are looking forward to the Christmas play at church where some little ones will be taking part.  It should be great fun.  Also Sunday will be when Shandell and Cameron arrive and we are so looking forward to their visit.

I think in my heart I feel that Jesus is saying to me "Do not lose hope".  I feel discouraged with myself and I know from the past it is time to draw closer to Jesus and trust that a plan is unfolding for all of our lives. 

I cannot see into the future but I believe my future is in His hands and my joy comes if I can bring some joy to others.

God is so unpredictable, like having a baby born in a strange place, in a world of unrest and despair.


I look at dad and I feel so blessed that we have one another to share our worries with. 
I am so thankful that Sandra and Rany also live close by and I know Christmas day will be great fun just being together.  Life is full of blessings like these logs on the beach that I remind myself to see the good things in life.  The world is full of such breath taking beauty that can renew our spirits if we open our eyes to look with wonder at all of life. 

 God is with us and also shares our burdens!
 Joy awaits hearts that are open and filled with love and faith!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is unpredictable, but we wish airlines were not!

See you tomorrow.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

l share a lot of the same feelings. Thank you once again for being so willing to share your thoughts and feelings. love Jane

Shandel said...

can not wait to visit with you all as well.

Anonymous said...

I am through to the last stage , face to face interview today at 11:30am. Good to hear Theresa made it through , a little bit of a adventure for the kids .
Ken