Friday, December 2, 2011

HEALING

I love the bright oraments and happy faces.
I am so thankful for the healing power of prayer.

I think God has a great sense of humor because laughter is so healing.
 I didn't think I needed prayer but God laughed and sent three people to pray for me 
I felt so loved.  The gifts of good food were very healing too and I know that love had been mixed in.

I appreciated what the Gluten Goddess said in her blog about celiac.  It is not just the latest fad disease although some may think it is.    It is not just a sensitive stomach, colitis, or irritable bowel but it is a genetic inherited disease that destroys the immune system.  It attacks the nutrient-grabbing lining of your small intestine.

It is not an emotional response to life but like many things stress may make it worse.

I have to learn to live with it like others have to learn to live with their health problems.

Yes November was a crummy month.  I am learning to enjoy my walks to the Post Office.

To-day dad and I will make banana bread.  We will also make chicken soup.
 I think I am a gluten-goose not a goddess but happy to be a goose.

I love the Christmas story that is like no other story.  I imagine God gathering all the angels of heaven together and announcing "He has  plan."  There is great excitement and rejoicing.  Mary and Joseph are chosen to have a baby that will be loved and protected by them both.  lol  Just having fun

God speaks to Joseph through his dreams and this man of character and humility listens and responds.


Let us all be jolly and enjoy the fun!  Put on your mitts and scraf and enjoy the fresh air!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom - do you think God really has a mouth and speaks? Does he really gather the angels around the board room table?

And if in the beginning was the word (probably the only literaly true sentence in the bible), then it always was the plan, even before God was God.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Are you makeing the goddess banana loaf? I liked her comments, I am sure you must feel misunder stood a lot too. Sandra

beth bennett said...

yes we have made it - took it out to soon - it is back in for a few minutes - looks good

beth bennett said...

No of course not Rick, but on the other hand, he may have. This is not to be taken literally but just a bit of fun.

I am sure that God can take on any form if he wishes, but who knows?

love mom