Friday, December 30, 2011

DETERMINATION

I think that dad and I are both practicing determination.

I was determined to go for my long walk yesterday and was so happy I did as I saw a beautiful sun rise.

The day seemed to just fly by as we went to White Rock Hospital to pick up my -ray results and to visit our friend in Palliative care, who is going down very quickly.  She was so pleased to see Larry. 

Then we stopped for a bit of lunch and then home to shop for the ingredients for a made up casserole.  It looked very pretty and I thought it tasted good.  We took it to the party {our book group studying Buddhism) where there is always good food and fun times.  Lots of joke telling.  Have you ever notice if one tells a joke then some one else remembers one. 

We were happy to have a talk with Theresa and hear of their amazing holiday in the Grand Cayman.  Their journey home went according to plan so that was good.  We may see her on the week-end but they want to rest up.

Dad went for a bike ride this afternoon but it has turned colod and windy.
Off to another party to-night.  It is a birthday party and we will see some old friends we see once a year or so.  Should be good fun.

We still seem to have a mouse hiding in our laundry room but at least he cannot get into the sitting room where he had gotten into the back of the chesterfield and was throwing out the stuffing.  He had managed to chew a hole in the bottom of the door from the laundry room and dad has now boarded it up.

Today he jumped out at me again and of course I screamed.




This is taken on Scott Road on my walk about 8:30.


No comments: