Saturday, December 31, 2011

MATCHING

I wake up feeling happy.  It is going to be a good day starting out finding matching socks in the dark.  Not that easy even in the light.

I say to myself that I am free to be healthy and happy and enjoy this day.  I relax and enjoy the quietness of the morning with my morning coffee and toast.  Slowly the room is warming up and the warmth feels good.

As I prayerfully think about each one in my family I am thankful that each one is finding happiness in their own way.  I smile when I think of all the little ones that have blessed our lives over the last few years.  .

I am so thankful for the ways that dad is making my life easier. 



The card from Kim was a lovely surprise.  Joy is certainly one of the best gifts of Christmas as we allow ourselves to feel childlike and excited and enjoy being with family and friends.

As I pray for others I am reminded of those who are also praying for me.

The grace of God is flowing all around me and as I allow myself to be open to it I can feel renewed joy in my spirit. 

I am looking forward to my walk and even if I do come home tired out;
 I can throw off my coat and throw myself down on a soft chair and relax. 

Happy ducklings are swimming in the early morning light!  Delightful!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sonds like a good morning. I have found that the secret to having matching socks is to not let Carol near my landry! :)

Panteli

Anonymous said...

Happy new year. We stayed and watched thousands
of fireworks from our front yard. The kids loved it.
Jasmine calls them fireworms . Both Melina and I are
on early shift , me 4:45 her 6:00 , nonna is sleeping
at our house and will look after the kids until Melina gets home at 12:30. Then off to felica's house for a swim.
38c forcast for today. the baby is doing well.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah , foggy as anything at the airport. , all
Flights may divert.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Lucky ducks.

I've found the secret to having matching socks is to only have one pair.

Love,

Rick

(In New York in the cheapest/closest hotel to JFK airport)

Anonymous said...

Making lasagna, cleaned out all my old files, going to enjoy left over shortbread and tea with our movie tonight. I might even get dressed for dinner, well put on a bra at least. : ) Sandra Happy New Year everyone!

beth bennett said...

Yes having too many socks can be a problem but one pair would also be a problem to wash out every night.

Left-0vers from all our parties and T.V. tonight.

Happy New Year! !