Sunday, January 8, 2012

BOOKS

Books that I am reading.  I love reading new books but there are a few of my old books I still go back and read.

Today I read  "Silence is the language of God, and the only language deep enough to absorb all the contradictions and failures that we are holding against ourselves.

God loves us silently because God has no case to make against us.  The silent communion absorbs our self-hatred, as every lover knows."   Richard Rohr

I love to read and be drawn into the lives and experiences of others.

Today was a simple day.  Enjoyed going to church and greeting people and watching the children.  Then dad and I met Sandra for lunch to catch up a little with her.  Even our children are having aches and pains that drain the energy from our bodies.  I wish there were answers so that none of us would have pain. 

This is my prayer that I say silently and I know that the silence is not empty but full of words that cannot be put into words or even thoughts.

"Could it be that the loving, attentive, mutual listening  of the soul and thge Spirit constitutes the greatest expression of spirituality?"
Naked Spirituality by Brian D. McLaren




/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

" Yes " to your final quote . love Jane.