Tuesday, January 17, 2012

MIRACLES

Believe in the unexpected
We live in an age of skepticism.

I never ever even when I was at my most fundamentalist high believed that we have to believe in the miracles because they proved Jesus was God. No No No.   But if there are such things then I believe Jesus did have a miraculous power to heal.  His life was giving and I believe in the healing touch, the energy and miracle of love, the miracle of forgiveness and redemption.

I believe in the power of prayer that somehow connects us to one another and to the great unknown.  Prayer is an ordinary experience lived with gratitude and wonder and that is a miracle in itself.  

I believe that there are things that happen that we cannot explain.

I believe that the brain is the biggest miracle!

Can miracles happen in the brain?  Yes Yes Yes.  All I know is that sometimes I just know.  Maybe a tubal pregnancy became a miracle baby called Rick.  I know the tears that I shed when I was told that news.  All  prayed was Lord help us!

  I believe that Jesus was one smart dude and that he had the ability to tap into energy that is available to us all.  I believe he radiated that energy so that faith was stirred up in people.

Now it is up to us to preform miracles.  Miracles of love and forgiveness.  One just has to read the story of Jean Valjean where the act of mercy and forgiveness made him face and renounce the hate that had to this point in his life filled his soul.  Grace is a miracle.

"The light of divine immanence  must evolve through our choices, our commitments, and our hard work."
The Secret Life of God by Rabbi David  Aaron.  He writes about discovering the divine within you. and wakening up to your life's deepest purpose.  He believes, as I do, that we can experience the amazing miracle of God's unconditional love for us all.

I could say that when I was sick with the bad cough that it was a miracle there was a cancellation and I got right in and had an x-ray that very day.  Actually the miracle was that I made the phone call at all.

I come back to the brain that is actually wired to receive inspiration beyond our knowledge.

I often feel that I am reading just the right book that I need to help me understand life a little better.
Life has not been easy like all of us I have struggled with pain and fear and disappointment.  I have wanted to disappear and leave all the mess behind.  That was when I without a doubt heard an inner voice that I to this day call God., the Ancient One.

I could not pray or even read scripture but I hung on to the words.
"It was no messenger or angel but His Presence that saved them."  Exodus 63:9

I hope and pray that dad feels better today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, sometimes the world is "nice" and sometimes it is not. Sometimes it is horrible. I don't put the "nice" things into God's account and leave the rest out in the rain, ignored.

It is all part of the shape of god. The nice and the not so nice. The good and the bad.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Miracles, divine intervetion? The only problem is it ignors all the times that prayer does not work. And then the excuses start,it was not gods will. I believe there is power with in us to change our destinies, that our minds hold incredible power. I do not believe I need to ask some god person to make those changes happen. Sandra

beth bennett said...

I never think too much about shape of God. I think His Shape would and will always be changing. This includes the good and bad. There is a scripture verse that talks about the dark side of God.

I find that often I have to be the answer to my prayer. Prayer begins with my own desires but must move on into my life with others.

Love mom