Friday, January 6, 2012

SERENITY

 
Last year I had such great expectations that I would really be healthy as I was extra careful in staying free of gluten.  I focused so much on what I should not eat I lost track of the need to eat enough good things like protein.  The saving grace for me has been Quinoa which has been called a protein powerhouse.

As I look back over the years I realize that I have stuffed many of my feelings and my anxieties deep down inside of me.  This can result in sudden bursts of anger and annoyance.  I am going to try and express my fear, anxiety and worry;  perfectly normal responses to life, in a more healthy way.  Calmly and
 with kindness.

I read that serenity can be a gift of aging if you are open to it.  I know in some ways I have been able to adjust to the ups and downs of life, in being more accepting of myself and others.  This inner peace, or serenity takes practice and is a process like many things.

My goal this year is to truly find peace within myself.

I know that walking is a wonderful energy boaster so I will continue to do my walking.  I will be very careful going up and done stairs thankful for the exercise I am getting.

I know that getting rid is clutter is another challenge.  I find that keeping track of important papers while getting rid of others is time consuming so I need to do things as soon as I see paper piling up.  There should be space on the kitchen counters, on the coffee table and on the chair in our bedroom.  Dad and I will work on this together.

The issue with the library book was settled by saying to forget about it But if it did turn up to bring it in.

Next is relationships but first importance is the relationship with dear old dad.  My marriage is the foundation of all the important choices in life and I appreciate the love that is expressed in different ways now.  I believe that even with our different personalities and ways of doing things we have a healthy and loving relationship.
Listening and appreciating each other's opinions is important.  We are extremely fortunate to still have each other!

The message in the electricity and the refrigerator was "I am what I am." and God told Moses to say
"I AM WHO I AM".

Today dad and I will be walking to Zellers to have coffee with Jane and Geof. 
This will be a test for his feet and legs.
I agree with his doctor that he needs a complete check-up.

I do not like to admitt I am wrong any more than anybody else but I think it is important to finding serenity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like all reasonable goals for the year. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes I think so too.

love mom