Friday, January 27, 2012

MY JOURNAL

A little bit of everything.
Dad is slowly getting better but he sure has had a miserable time of it.  He watched the girls soccer last night for while.  I am hoping there will be a big improvement today!  This morning as I look out at the darkness I see it is pouring rain but I will still go for a walk later.

My writings began as a prayer journal.

My history of journaling began many years ago when I would write down prayers for my family and this helped me express some of my worries and concerns.  I was very real in expressing my fears, my blemishes,
my anger and my hurts and frustrations.  Anything that allows the freedom to express our emotions I believe is helpful.

Over the years I filled a trunk with scribblers which I have thrown away.  Too personal.  But every day I would write a prayer for each one of my children.

Years earlier when I was very ill my prayer had been that God would heal me or at least keep me alive.  My faith was not tied to my state of health especially when I realized the good things in my life.  Over the years I have been drawn to healing prayer and the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.  I have felt a new glowing faith inside me when I received prayer or when praying for others.

I do not believe we can blame God for disasters or for the evil things people do in this world. I have never felt that God was in charge or control of my life.  I know that we can be strengthened by adversity and that sometimes He speaks to me in the silence of prayer, in words of scripture or in the beauty of nature, and yes through other people.  God is evident in the goodness and generous actions of many who do works of charity and service.  I am always amazed at the rescue workers who risk their lives to save others.

I am very proud of the times that dad has taken risks to save others, from drowning in a ditch to tipping over in a boat.  He is my hero!  But a very annoying one at times.

Prayer has been and will always be a part of who I am.

I decided to change my writing as I felt I needed to grow spiritually.  I would read scripture and write my thoughts about what I read and how it spoke to my life personally

Now it has become this blog and is mostly about me and what I am reading..  It is also about  the comments
that  I love reading.  Hearing what others are doing and thinking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot as here , got the kids pool filling up with water.Melina is on 8am-2pm shift .We may go to southbank for an ice cream after work.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on reading your blog so l want to thank-you so much for encouraging me to journal all those many years ago . lt has been very helpful. l still have them all . Probably no one will ever read them as even l have trouble reading my own writing.So sorry that Larry is still so unwell. See you in church . love Jane