Friday, January 20, 2012

THE MESSAGE

A beautiful world.

My beautiful world full of angels.

Jane taking me to have breakfast and lots of taking to catch up on life.

My neighbor shoveling off my walk while I am out walking.

It was early and still pretty dark so i decides to try making a better snow angel.  As I lay there a young lady stopped the car to see if I was alright,  I had to admit to making my snow angel.

Then dad who is much better was an angel to drive me to White Rock Hospital to see Marg.  I did want to tell her how special she was and that she had been a good friend and that I admired her courage.  She opened her eyes but seemed too tired to talk.  I gave her a kiss and waved at her as I left and she waved back.

Louise is back in hospital but I am pleased that Jane was able to go and visit her.  She is ready to go home to family and to Jesus.  She was a woman of great courage and great faith.  She will be in my prayers to-night.

Life is more than being attractive, or having a lot of things, or being successful it is seeing within ourselves our own gifts to bring happiness to others.  We are here to remind each other of our goodness and to deepen our compassion for all of life.  Loving others teaches us who we really are, and being with the sick and dying remind us that death is a reality we will all face one day.

"Prayer connects us with God and others, part of this enterprise is learning to love."
The People's History of Christianity by Diana B. Bass


Everyday I know that people in my life are like angels that help me feel loved.  This happens in unexpected places and simple acts. 



I am thankful for a warm home and a loving hubby to snuggle up with and watch DVD's.
We just watched :To Kill A Mocking Bird".
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great movie , better book. I am at work watching the
tennis match live between the Canadian and the Aussie
I think the Canadian will win.
Ken

beth bennett said...

We have missed this somehow.

Yes, I think the bok would be better.

Not to busy at work I guess,

love mom