Sunday, January 29, 2012

WORRIED

I am worried about dad although his cough is better his throat is still sore and now now his mouth is sore, he has a head ache and sleeps a lot.  I worry about the medication he is taking and I wish I knew just what is wrong with him.  His energy level is dropping because he is not doing anything.

I am reminded that if we did not know illness  wound we really celebrate good health?

I am praying with all my heart and I know getting better takes time and that I should not worry but I am worried. I think I do not handle stress as well as I should.  I am so thankful for my morning walk, yesterday there was llight snow falling, and everything felt so peaceful.  I want to be a source of strength but  . . . .

Life seems to be full of spiritual challenges and I can handle my own times of sickness better than some one elses.  I need to have faith in a higher power that gives my life a sense of awe.  Yes, we have been given a marvellous human intellect and we continue to make advances in medicine that can help us through times of sickness. 

I am reading scripture in church this morning and as usual wonder why I volunteered but I am involved in so little I feel I should contribute something.  It is a strange reading about not eating food given to idols and I wonder what does that have to do with us until I see that the message is really about being humble and not think we know it all; and also not to do anything that may lead others astray.

 the snow was very light but beautiful.
Today I will be getting the room ready for Ken so it is good to be busy.  I will need help from Sandra and Randy to move a small piece of furniture.  Dad thinks this is silly but it is just what I do. I  am surprised at how much weaker I have become but it seems like we are all in the same boat.

Thank you Lord Jesus for your healing strengthning presence in our lives and may we both tap into it today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see that Rick volunteered me to write on his behalf this weekend! Surprised to hear that you guys are still getting some snow. Usually doesn't hang around for more than a week in the Lower Mainland. Hopefully, Larry is just taking some time to adjust to the medication that he is taking and soon he will be feeling better.

I would wait for Ken to get there and put him to work moving the piece of furniture!

Panteli

beth bennett said...

I am not good at being patient with sickness or moving furniture. Thanks for filling in
love beth

nancy-Lou said...

Too bad about your husband.....I worry too when Carl is ill. I was thinking if Larry was on a type of penicillan for his cold....he may have developed a secondary fungal infection of the throat and mouth,like thrush. The penicillan kills both friendly and bad bacteria. He should see a doctor for sure. In the meantime lots of yogurt is a good source of "friendly bacteria " that fight the fungus.I do hope he feels better soon. Anyway...it wouldn't hurt him!
Don't do too much Beth and have a wonderful visit with your son, Ken.
love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I will move the furniture when i get there mom. Dont go to to much trouble . I was a bit worried about how dark it is when you walk . Maybe you should walk in the sunshine. Yes eat plenty of yoghurt good advice.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Glad Panteli took up the task. I'm back home now. Leah and Craig came for dinner.

Love,

Rick