Thursday, January 12, 2012

QUESTIONS

Sometimes I wonder just what path  I should take?
I must admit reading the old testament certainly raises some questions about God.  I am thankful to be able to do it with good friends and lots of laughter, and  makes me think about the things that I am doing in my life.   It certainly is easy to see what others are doing wrong in their lives.

Anyway it is all about human nature and relationships.
I know that I do not want a closed religion where are the answers are given to you
 and honest questions are discouraged,

I feel that in reading the scripture I am aware of things that have been lost.

There is a loss of the sacred space where the presence of God has been real.

There is a loss of sacred time when we take time to be thankful and to worship the holiness that has created and is creating in our midst.

There is a loss of the sacred meaning of life; that every life has value and purpose.

I am thankful that Jesus was and is human like us and that he took the fear out of religion but not the sacredness.  He was a man of passion who felt all the emotions that we feel, a need to learn by asking questions, the experience of intense anger especially at injustice, the sorrows of life in the loss of friends and grief when he was rejeccted and abandoned at the end.

The sacred was revealed in his words and in his actions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope dad does not get too run down from his cough. Such a bother to have one thing after another.
Did you find the woman you were looking for, or is that today? Sandra

beth bennett said...

I will continue my search for the woman's name when I go to the Nursing home today. I may go and visit her at Laurel place after I see Jim. It will depend on how I feel

love mom