Thursday, January 19, 2012

DARK


It is very dark when I get up each morning.  The snow helps to lighten the day.  I am enjoying the beauty and light it gives.  Makes one wish we could become kids again.  We would be out playing in the snow for hours.Yesterday I had to put a scraf over my nose and forehead, when I was walking,  because if felt so cold even with a little wind.  I was thinking about those women who walk around all covered up and I know I found it hard to see but I guess they get use to it.

Talking about kids dad and I talked to Kenny on skype and saw the children jumping on the tramboline.  They sure are adorable and so full of energy and mischief.   I am happy Jasmine is not allergic to bee stings especially when she got one on her foot.  I worry about chidren getting hurt when they play so I guess I would be overly protective and that is not good.

I hope Ken you did get some sleep before you had to go back to work. 

 Guess we missed Carol and Panteli trying to skype at the same time.  Hope we can connect to-morrow.  We are missing our phone messages because our machine was not working.  They are on the hand held one and we do not notice the light blinking.

I was sorry to miss my visiting because I know even though our visit is not long Jim does appreciate me coming.  Next week things should be back to normal with dad feeling better and I will be driving again.  It has been special having this week spending time with dad but I also have been worried about him.  Finally he seems to be improving.  We all heal in different ways.

It was great to go out and have coffee with Jane as we have not had a real talk in a long time.
A good friend is a real treasure and it sure helps to have some one listen and understand some of the ups and downs of life.

I am reminded not to take any of our relationships for granted.  we need to make time for each other.  After our warm visit I went home to look again for my lost card; and I found 10 dollars that was deep in the chair, but finding the card would make me feel happier.

All our relationships have the potential to help us learn and grow.  

In families there can be words said that feel hurtful but are not meant to be.
The world needs healing but within each one of us there are tender places that also need healing.
I remind myself that although I do stupid things and I am forgetful I am still a precious gift to those I love unconditionally and I hope they also love me unconditionally. 

I am finding great joy and happiness walking in the snow and playing out in it a bit. 
I am sure that swiming in the beautiful ocean is a similar experience.

My snow boots will probably have one more day to enjoy taking me out and enjoying a fresh snowfall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the one thing I like about the snow is it not being dark when I put the dogs in their kennel. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Great to spend time with you yesterday.l love to see the children playing in the snow and it brings back memories 0f childhood. Love Jane

Shandel said...

This little part of your blog really resonated with me today. It is so true, and it was nice to read it today, thank you. I too find myself feeling that way sometimes. xo





~All our relationships have the potential to help us learn and grow.

In families there can be words said that feel hurtful but are not meant to be.
The world needs healing but within each one of us there are tender places that also need healing.
I remind myself that although I do stupid things and I am forgetful I am still a precious gift to those I love unconditionally and I hope they also love me unconditionally.~

Anonymous said...

I think that was my ten dollars.

(joking)

Love,

Rick