Thursday, January 26, 2012

VERY GOOD NEWS

A Happy Note
Very good news that Ken is coming to visit and will be here on Tues. Jan. 31.  It seems like such a long time wince we have seen him.  ..this will do dad and I a world of good!  It is such a long journey and then flying standby can make it longer; but I hope he is able to get onto all his flights.

At church this morning we were all feeling sad because of the deaths of two more of our community had died.  Although we knew it was going to happen, especially Marg. with untreatable cancer.  There is a feeling of relief that they are free of suffering and in a better place but we will miss both of them.

Alex had lived on the farm down below us on Colebrook road.  Both of them sang in the choir for many years.  Alex had been living in a home and had not been to church for quite a few years.  He had a wonderful celebration of his 90th birthday just two or three years ago.

Like each one of us these dear people contributed a lot to our church.  Marg was treasurer of our United Church Women's group for a long time.

We are reminded to live each day as fully as we can.  Each one of us is unique and special in our own way.
We have been given inner resources that give us character, courage and value.  We grow and develop by learning to appreciate each other and cooperate and work together so that each one of us becomes all we were meant to be.

The answer lies within each one of us.  I look at how I have spend my time at the end of each day and there are always things I could have done better.  Dad enjoyed his quiet time at home today and got a lot done on his computer.  He is also enjoying the tennis.

I miscounted some money and will have to make it right.  Our Bible group is going to buy a hymn book in honor of our friend Luise.  We each donate  a small amount and I collected the money but then in turning it over I counted it wrong.  I did not put in my share.  Just a small thing but important to me to make it right.

I am enjoying learning some history of Christianity because it is a part of where I have come from and also a part of my future.  We may never know what a smile or a kind word or deed can mean to some one else; but I know we all need encouragement and support.  This I receive in both my groups of very dear friends.

Today I will visit Jim who is also failing.  He has no interest in life at all.  If he is happy with his daughter's visits he does not want to admit it.  I know getting old is not easy and having a stroke can change your personality.

I arrived home yesterday hungry, tired and cranky but very thankful to be home.
It always is so good to get home after I am out.  Coming home is good.
Getting good news about Ken coming home was very good news!


3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Beth....always handy with your camera ....reporting on scene before the other news people even know what is happening! Great pictures and great writings...you are so wise in saying that we must live each day with thanks as we never know what tomorrow will bring. We lost on of our long time residents too, the funeral is Saturday and the reception is at our local Senior's Scene. Being a small, close knit community we all contribute to the funeral and reception..in different ways, such as being an usher at church or reading scripture, or making sandwiches or dainties for the reception. Serving, Cleanup and on it goes. it all gets done and done well by those in our community. It is a great community! So glad you will have a visit with your Son!

beth bennett said...

I took my camera thinking I might get some nature pictures, but I do not always take it.

Yes our church will be the same everyone helping at the funerals.

I was extra careful driving today and again glad to be home

Anonymous said...

I am sure to get on the flights mom and I paid full fare from Lax to Yvr. The fares are cheap and as there is only one of me its affordable. Looking foreword to seeing you guys. Great tennis matches yesterday , the ladies semis were great.And finnished watching the mens match at 11:45pm.
should be very hot and sticky for the finals sat and sunday.
Ken