Monday, April 30, 2012

APPEARANCES

Dinner with Sandra and Randy.  Everything tasted as good as it looked.

Lying awake all night I could hear the heavy rain falling and it is still this morning.

Yesterday morning I went out for a very early walk.  I took my camera along just in case something caught my eye.  Sure enough soon I was knelling beside the road to take a picture and may have appeared to be praying.

Next  I sat crossed legged before a flower and it could appear to be a yoga pose.

Then  I picked up a beer can and spilled it all over me.  Yuk!  Then there was a wine bottle as as I bent to pick it up I felt a little dizzy and I thought if I fell the evidence would incriminate me as a drunken woman.  lol

So appearances can be deceiving.  Like this plant I do not know if it is a weed or a flower so I will leave it im my garden and wait to see what it does.

I am reminded not to judge by outward appearances but to look for the heart instead.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

True, Mom, sometimes you can't judge things by their surface appearances.

Hope you are going to get a refund on the wine bottle!

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Kind of makes you have to look closer and question what you are actually seeing or hearing your self. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Well, I am laughing at you again Beth! Beer smelling clothes, grasping a beer bottle and wine bottle and staggering with dizziness,probably about 5AM, I am beginning to think you are leading a double life!Larry, you must keep a better eye on her! Love to you Beth...my funny friend, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I think the weed/flower is doing it! Attracting insects. On early shifts for 5 days. There are heaps of people sleeping on the floor in the terminal when I arrive at 3am.Some are well prepared with blow up mattreses and such. Some just lie out on the hard tiles. I try and walk quietly with my coffee as i walk up to the top floor and my lofty pearch looking out at the cold and wet runways.
Ken