Wednesday, April 18, 2012

CRAZINESS

Our two great helpers Mary and Michael John after they loaded up lots of stuff for the good will store in their mom's car.  What a blessing they are!  Todays Sandra has the day off to spend with them.  I know they will have an awesome day!
I still have a few things I liked to move around and a few to give to the sale at the church and a few to put out for our big pick up day.  Compassion is a motive behind what I give away hoping others can use some of our things.

  I knew it was crazy moving the chesterfield on a strange angle to be closer to the T.V. so that we could hear the D.V.D's.  Actually it did work and we could hear better but the room looked out of shape.  I know that both of us do not hear as well as we use to.  The very next day I moved it all back.

  The drive to the airport went well and we had a visit with Pat and John before they left.  I worked in the garden a bit, boy it was cold ; but the birds were singing away and the cats came for a visit.
We got home and had a simple supper.

We could watch our D.V/D's as the hockey game was not on.  We are watching a series about Detective Superintendent Wycliffe investigating crimes on the wild craggy Cornish Coast
 Canucks are back at it on Wed. night.  Crazy as it may seem I still have faith in them playing a good game.

Dad  is having lot of pain in his feet again.  Because of his hip bothering him he has not been walking.  It is too cold to ride a bike so no wonder the tress are slow at getting green.  The amazing things is the crazt spring flowers are blooming away.  Don't they know it may snow?


I go to a U.C.W.meeting this morning.  We are collecting some items for a dinner that is being put on for people in a poorer area of town.  We make up little gift bags for the women and we collect socks for the homeless.

I am reading about how the ancient people made up myths to explain the world as they knew it.  They amazing thing is the wisdom and timeless truth that has emerged from ancient beliefs.  Stories that seem crazy to us who are now more scientific seem crazy but they are not.

Story tellers are a joyous blessing!  Even when some stories seem unbelievable!

" These myths were associated with silence, obscurity and darkness and the profound truth is that death and life are inseparable."  K. Armstrong.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think I will have the most fun today. I am taking them to the mall. I have a gift card from Christmas to spend and I want Mary to help me try things on. I mean really help me, I cant do up back zippers any more. If I get Randy to do me up and then he is not around when I want to get undressed I just have to wait. One of these days I might end up sleeping in a dress. Sandra

Shandel said...

I am so happy you had such wonderful helpers! Its very nice that we can all help each other out now and again.
Cameron and I have our couch at an angle to, but we think it makes the room look much bigger and we like weird things haha.
I go through phases where i like to change up the furniture in the living room. it makes the house feel new again and we can only really change that one room around as our space is limited(which is good for cleaning! haha)
I am volunteering with my local charity the healing seed this coming weekend. we are going to be making 200 sandwiches and baking tasty healthy snacks to hand out to the homeless on Sunday April 22. I have done this several times in the past and its always a great time. We engage in conversations and hand out clothes and food. Edmonton's homeless are very appreciative of our group and sometimes are shocked when we tell them we are just some people from Stony Plain who want to help out. Saturday night my mom is going to come over and we will bake. Maybe make more gluten free treats and possibly vegan as well. they sure love peanut butter, and are very conscious of their weight! they do not like to have too many sweets with sugar.

Great photos as well Gramma your flowers are looking lovely. we have not had anything bloom here except the pussy willows. they are quite pretty to look at on our walks through the trees.

(we might be getting more snow too, i hope its just rain!!)
have a great day, xo

Anonymous said...

You need to get a Soundbar. There are externatl speakers that plug esiely into the back of the tv and boost the sound heaps.Cheap too.
looks like the Pens will win game four in Philly, Go Canucks.
Ken