Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DISENCHANTMENT



Disenchantment with myself.

I was up before the sun as usual but I was feeling sick to my stomach so was quite content to rest and of course that suited dad just fine too.  The weather did turn nasty later in the morning so I did do my walk and maybe Sandra got hers in okay too.  I had wanted to organize the frig. and cupboards before we did a big shopping.

Dad and I did go shopping.  He has turned into a great shopper zooming up and down the ilse almost as much fun as Randy has with his race cars!  It is great that he is so helpful physically and emotionally.

 I felt okay by supper and even worked outside a bit in the evenning.  Watched two periods of hockey but then went to bed.

Oliver phoned on his way to the Ferry.  He had been with Theresa over night and was on his way to the Victoria.  He was running late to catch the 3 o'clock ferry so sis not have time to stop in.  He cannot be here for Easter dinner.  Phoned and face booked Chris so waiting to hear from him.  It would be nice to have a few more join our group.

Reading along in the life of Jesus we find that those in authority have become disenchanted with him

He was out-spoken.
telling some people they were like a breed of vipers and their hearts were black sepulchres with fine exteriors.
He touched the unclean and the unacceptable.
He ate with notorious sinners, and you said streetwalkers would be first in the kingdom.
He belittles the religious regulations.
He reduced the law to a commandment of love.
love god and Love yourself as your neighbor.

Most of us live life as a game to be won but Jesus lived
not as a finite player but one whose goal was infinite aiming at a higher purpose.
The new covenant was to live in relationship rediscovering joy and wonder in all life.

This is a very holy week for Christians who celebrate the gift of new life that Jesus provides for us all!


For all us very ordinary folks.  This picture is from the Vinyl Cafe Book.

So we can recover the enchantment of life by learning to preceive it in sacramental terms.  To me a transcendental vision of life makes life have meaning and always a sense of hope.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was thinking I was going to have to phone your blog was so late getting up today. Yes, we went for our walk yesterday but under protest, it was cold and wet and miserable. Hmmm, I had a very sick tummy yesterday too, I almost didnt come in to work today. Plus the sniffles are back. But, it is a long weekend so figured I could tough it out one more day. Sandra

Anonymous said...

We had a great day at Pella and Felicia place for Alexandra birthday party. The we walked to the park and played basketball and kicked the footy as .the little ones played on the swings. We left at 9pm and the kids fell asleep about 30 seconds after we left.Melina and I are both working tomorrow , Friday , but she has Sunday and Monday off.
Work is very stressfull at the moment as some of the staff have complained about our lack of experience and / or ability to do the job. Anyway the Canucks won !
Ken

beth bennett said...

That is very strange about the blog because I always do it first thing and then leave for my walk.

Glad to read your comments.

love mom