Wednesday, April 25, 2012

STALE

I do not like the changes to creating a blog.  This is our back yard where there was a little  touch of sunshine Momday morning.  Tuesday turned into a very rainy day.  Rick had to drive all the way here from Kampoops in the rain.

But he was cheerful when he arrived at our doorstep right on time.  Within minutes we were off to the airport as he was travelling to Hong Kong to see an old friend he went to law school with.

It turned out to be a very dreary day here although the rain always is good for the garden.

We picked up our new compost pail that dad thinks is stupid but I think if it helps in even a small way the environment it is a good idea.  We put our compost from the kitchen in a pail with the garden compost and it all goes out together.  I have filled my little pail already because I cleaned out the frig.

I was thinking how stale I have become in praying for others out loud and with them.
Cathy's asked if she could pray for dad, right there and then.  He said yes.  Surprise surprise!
When I light a candle and pray for some one at church I truly feel the presence of the Holy Spirit and the loving community that joins with me.  I have always experienced amazing love when people have prayed for me.

Prayer for me is simple words spoken from the heart into the mystery of sacred silence.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arrived safely.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was fast! Is your street full of interesting stuff by the sidewalk now mom? Must make it more interesting, getting to see what people throw out. Our neighbours have put a couch, chair and kitchen chairs out. I think sometimes Surrey people get confused and forget we dont do it. Sandra

Anonymous said...

nice chatting to you guys today.
Ken