Sunday, March 10, 2013

DECISION

P3080138
My breath was visible in the cold chilly morning and I am thankful for the extra sweater that I put on.  Later the sun came out and the urge to do some gardening took a hold of me.

I decide Sat. I would tackle purning the roses but found that it was a bigger job than I had expected.  Nor is it something I do for fun but it is a warm day and feeling the sunshine on my face is good.  I work and then I rest and then do a bit more.  There was still some chicken soup left for supper so that was one decision I did not have to make.

Carol and Panteli are moving into their very sparse apartment to-morrow if their bed is delivered.  The house will seem very quiet when they leave especially no Haiti running up and down the stairs and then watching every mouthful we eat.  It is very hard not to feed her but Kim wants her to have good dogie manners.  Yes, the dog will be leaving with them.  we have enjoyed having her.

Deciding what to do daily is a pretty easy task but deciding what you believe about God can be more challenging.  Many people have influence me until it was time to make it my own decision.

Looking at the Ten Commandments with the influence of the Hebrew words can bring a whole new light onto the subject.  The first command is to have no other gods before the Lord Your God which when looked at as "I am the One who is and will always be your God, who has helped you in the past and who cares about your freedom"  allows for me to connect with a higher consciousness.  This makes the decision easier knowing that Someone is there when I need them.  There is meaning and purpose in life that can be fulfilling when we learn to respect and love ourselves (having a day of rest) and respecting others. 

I have found that there is a connection between psychological healing and spiritual healing that can set us free from negative attitudes and understanding your own gifts and using them.  If I connect to this profoundly Joyful Being I will manage to unhook from everyday pressures.  I learn that there are ways to treat others, like your parent, or any relationship treating others as equal.  It is important not to steal from others or covet what they have but find contentment in what you have. 

Using practical wisdom that applies to everyday life is meant to guide us with internal strength  not to control us or drive us to be perfect.  We all know there is a time to speak and a time to be silent.

We have one clock which is already an hour ahead so does not need to be changed so just need to adjust myself to the time change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, if you never change your clock it will still be right half of the year.

Gardening already? Still freezing overnight here although I noticed there are some green shoots in the grass. The deer were eating the everygreen shrubs in the front yard all winter, the cheeky fellows.

Love,


Rick

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the microwave and car clocks and radio clocks.
Going to be hot again today. I opened all the doors and windows at 6am when we reached the coolest time of the day, it was 17c. No wind so not much of an improvement in house temp. I am planning on going to the movies with Matthew , the new wizard of OZ movie , looks good, Melina and Jasmine may come as well.BRittany went to a hens party up in Makay this weekend , she came home on a Dash8 , not sure she knew when she booked. hOpefully we will catch up on the weekend , she is coming down with her friend Lana.
Ken