Tuesday, March 26, 2013

LIFE STYLE

P3240282
P3240279



    P3240278
There needs to be some changes in our lifestyle whether we move or whether we stay here, but especially if we move.
 
Yes, Mary would love us to move there and she enjoys walking too so I would have a partner.  We would miss our neighborhood here and being able to sit out front and enjoy watching the people and getting to know them.  We even like hearing the cars going in the early morning because we have got use noise outside our window, whether it is cars or people walking by.  We are happy here and just may need some extra help.
 
I wonder if we would have enough to do.  Of course they have lots of activities, like coffee mornings, special meals, pub night, yoga and games room.  Plus there is the swimming pool.  So no matter where are path in life takes us it can be an adventure.
 
Dad and I have to get busy and clean out more junk.  We have junk day in April and also April 20 there is the big yard sale at the church.  I have been doing a little in the yard and being out in the sunshine and warmth is sure nice.  I have been reading about roses and was surprised that you should fertilize beginning in March and by April little critters will be enjoying eating the plants.  May is  the time when they need the most fertilizing.  Then in June there is a second growth  cycle.  Etc.
 
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns (me)
I am thankful that thorns have roses.  -Alphonse
 
We have several people to contact about renovations and we need to get cracking on some of the things we can do ourselves.  Dad had a walk today as I did with Gundy but it was still cold when I went on my little hike.
 
Even the  disciples of Jesus thrilled with his triumphant ride into Jerusalum will soon find out that the lifestyle, their hopes are glory are not going to be free of suffering and struggle.  They had changed their lifestyle once while Jesus was with them and would do it after he left them.
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still will complain about the thorns, they dont like me and I dont like them. Kenny was back on Facebook, YEAH! We will see if he sticks around a bit longer this time.
Sandra

Shandel said...

the place looks lovely from what i can see in the photos you took. i would love to have a pool! Camerons dad and Isabel will have a little pool on their property when they move into their house soon.
We almost had a dinner date with Shawna and Oliver tonight, but i am teaching my yoga class. So i think Cameron and them will still try and get together before he leaves for work tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Very hot here today. Hopefully the last mini heat wave of the year.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Who knew roses were so complicated?

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

So, you are going through the same thing as we are...trying to decide what to do next! The Chelsea Gardens apartment complex looks so nice and has a lot to offer...but when it comes down to it, there is no place like home is there? Carl just retired and we are looking at doing some upgrading and renos to our home so we will be able to stay here for a few more years. Carl has rheumatoid arthritis... and needs some special things..like a shower that has a seat and a bathroom on the main floor. I do love roses..do you have many Beth? I always grow them in large pots on my deck...where we can see and smell them easily. I have one little rose that is a polyanthus called The Fairy. It has small pink blossoms but is covered in them and blooms constantly. I used to belong to the Canadian Rose Society...but my membership has lapsed. Glad to know that you are getting about more now and recovering from your fall. Take care, Love Nancy