Friday, March 1, 2013

THE PARTY

Morgan really wanted to come to Grama Carol's party.  She phoned to say Happy Birthday but Carol was out shopping for some warm clothes.  When the cake was lit we phoned to get her to sing along with us but she was not at home.  Too bad.  Dad and I were thrilled to have Carol here for her birthday and dad had gone to the Store and order a beautiful cake for her.  Our singing was not thrilling but love expressed around our small table.  How time flys it just seems now that she was leaving and here she is back again.  Also back to her old job as is Panteli also.  Their apartment will be ready on Monday so lots of work ahead for them both.  Moving and settling in is very stressful.

Ben has come down with a bad cold and he is in a big play next week.  We are all going.  I do hope he can rest up and feel better.  It was a extremely cold day when he was playing soccer last week-end.  They are giving out prizes this Sat. and I am not sure who is going out to Chillliwack maybe Carol and Panteli.

Theresa is driving down to Seattle to pick up Kim and her dog to-morrow in the late afternoon.  I hope she has a good map and the drive goes well for her.  My thoughts and prayers will be with her.

This Friday morning I am reflecting on yesterday and also on all the parties we have celebrated and there will be many more in the future.  I have been blessed with happiness.

"If the world were to end to-morrow and they would tell me that.  I would still plant my apple tree today.  That is, each day has an intrinsic value that is worth investing in.  There is no guilt from yesterday, there is not supposed to be worry about tomorrow, so you plant a tree today." -Luther

Sometimes it is good to listen to advice but other times you listen to your own hopefullness and believe!








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good that Carol got a birthday cake! And that wonderful Bennett slightly off-key singing! :)

Nothing much new here. Leah has to do night-shifts sometimes as part of her training at the Kamloops hospital. Getting ready to file my income taxes on-line for the first time.

Playing soccer in the drizzly cold winter-time always struck me as a dumb idea.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

No playing soccer in snow is dumb ! Hope feels better soon. Got my toenail cut off yesterday , kinda painfull . Lucky they both have jobs to go back to. Should be spring soon.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Yes it is good to have a job. They have an apartment but have to decide where to plan on living. Carol would like to go to Chilliwack and be close to the grandchildren but right now that does not seem realistic.

I sure that operation was painful but hope it mends quickly.

Mary has been sick with the stomack flu and that is no fun.

Take care. love mom

larry bennett said...

Yes Ken - I remember you playing that game in /surrey in the snow - it was pretty stupid - hope toe feels better.