Monday, March 4, 2013

Flowers

P3040085
Beautiful flowers to brighten up out home and give it a spring like feeling.  Thank you Carol and Panteli.  They are off having a busy day with many chores to do and things to organize.  Updated their licenses yesterday and bought a bed on Sunday.  They have furniture that will be arriving and other stuff they have to pick up from storage.

Dad and I will be going to Ben's play in Chilliwack and we are very excited about that as he has a main part and is actually singing.  Kim and dog will return with us.  Dad's feet are giving him a lot of pain so that is discouraging as it has been a long time since he felt like himself.

Had a good time at the Green Lettuce as we have not been there for a long time.  Jeff was pleased to see us all.  It was a real treat from Panteli.


Bumping into God happens when we see beauty in all things.  Nature is especially inspirational.
Last Sunday night as we were waiting  for the opportunity to move our car and head for home.  I looked up at the sky and all the stars were shining as bright as could be.  The sky and the ocean give me a feeling of the vastness of this world we live in.  Life can be full of God moments  when our soul is touched by the spiritual dimension that is the grace of God.  I am watching the birds fly above my head on my morning walks now.  Yesterday as dad and I sat on the porch in the sunshine we think we saw a red-tailed hawk.

I am so thankful for the gift of faith that allows me to see light shining through the ordinary and where a conversation becomes significant as a friend takes time to listen.

I believe in a God not as portrayed in the Old Testament. 

Most people are influenced by other people and the examples they see in their lives.

"In order to work with God, we must assume that God can start any time and any place where ever we are.  God is not waiting to rendezvous with us once we have earned the right to his attention.

God is Waiting for us right now, just where we are." -Julia Cameron.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the birds chirping in the morning now when I leave for work, I love all the little things that add up to spring just about being here. I was really a very nice mild winter, but still good to see it end. Stayed up till 10:30 last night struggling with my homework. Randy got home early so it was nice to get to see him for a bit. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Good you got to go to the green lettuce. A good place for sure.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

hot here ...ken