Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WONDER

P3060125
The world is full of wonder waiting to be discovered.  I love seeing reflections in the water they are fascinating.

Our minister mentioned that one of the great wonders is that we carry the wonder of God in our souls.

The wonder that we experience in nature is  the same wonder that the Creator reveals in the majestic mountains and the vast oceans and the fresh air.  A cool breeze is a wonderful thing.

I am reminded that there is a time, a season for everything.  A time to be young and wonder at the tiny little bugs or interesting stones and seeing so many new things and asking questions.  A time to be old and wonder at the delight of the young and continue to be young at heart.

Never too old to keep learning.  Dad received a warm welcome at the Hospice and will be starting a course in April.  He will be visiting people in their homes which is very different than we had expected.  I did not have an interview but sat in a very peaceful room with a warm fireplace and shelves of books.  I may get involved later but I am more interested in actual hospice visiting, but for now will continue to visit at the Seniors Home.
 
My day started with a walk in the pouring rain and even with rain pants and a rain jacket I got soaking wet.  It does make your face tingle and it wakes you up.  I saw two police cars but no sirens or other activity.  Now that I think about it there has been less.
 
I am happy that your heat spell has broken Ken, that would be miserable I think.
 
When I was about 6 my brother was taken to the hospital in an ambulance because he was so very sick with the flu.  I thought it was a very exciting and wished it had been me.  I also thought he was very brave.  Brian had his tonsils out soon after and so did I.
 
Now it is Wed. morning and I think it is not raining.  Dad and I are very excited about Mary flying here today  from Kitchener and seeing her soon.  Hope her journey goes well.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I managed to get my walk in between deluges, just got sprinkled on a bit. Mary gets off work in 2 hours, she got off extra extra early because she did not want to have to worry about the traffic. Her flights are booked out of Toronto as they had the best times available. Her is hoping she catches a tail wind and gets here even faster! Sandra

Sandra said...

Oh, and my wonder is how some people see us so differently then others. I think I come across as a bit cold and distant to most people, but for what ever reason my implant dentist loves me. I had not seen her in a year and she hugged me and told me I was one of her nicest patients. I kind of think a lot of people must cry and scream, because I sure know I wanted to! Sandra

Anonymous said...

I think a big downpour is a good excuse to postpone your walk for one day.

So this will be a baby Christmas coming up it seems, which is nice.

Love,

Rick

Shawna said...

I am so happy Grandpa will be able to visit people in their homes. That will be different for him and I hope he enjoys it! Miss you all and love you!

Anonymous said...

Kids slept all through the night , thanks to the cooler weather. Going to,gymnastics this morning.
Ken