Friday, February 27, 2015

APPRECIATION

P2260035
I am thankful I decided to go to the Appreciation Party at the seniors home because after coming home from visiting I did not really feel like going.   I was glad dad drove me..

Anyway they had a lovely bouquet of flowers for me and another lady because of the many years we have been visiting there.  Nine for her and twenty-five for me.
   
In the morning Dad and I went to Cloverdale to get my passport done but they insisted I have my marriage certificate to prove I am really who I say I am. 

It is good to be appreciated and thanked but I would do it anyway because the people I visit are very grateful.

I am grateful that my health is good and that I can still carry on doing this.  I know it is extremely important that I keep walking or my legs will get worse.  My legs feel heavy and unsteady but better after exercise.

P2260039Dad had a bike ride while I was at the home so he was pretty tired too. He also needs to keep active.

 Today he is going out with Bob for lunch.  Bob is a friend from church. whose wife is very ill.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOOKS GREAT MOM . Nice to be recognised for your work.
Ken

Steady-as-rain said...

Passport? Does this mean some big trip is being planned?

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

So you started going when you were about my age. Why did you start? Did someone else you know do this?

I am watching a british tv show right now, Last Tango in Halifax and the woman in it sure looks like Alice, Ken Parsons mom.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

What a lovely picture of you Beth....the flowers are so pretty too. How nice of the home to recognize your many years of visiting. Twenty five years is quite a record. It is nice to know that your dedication is appreciated.

Keeping strong is so important at our age and walking is one of the best ways to do it. It must be a challenge for you to walk with your legs feeling heavy and weak....I very much admire your determination at being strong and walking.
I worry about Carl too because he is getting more unsteady and weak when walking. I try and get him to walk but he is a "challenge". Even just down the driveway to start. He came in to Costco the other day and I thought he wasnt going to make it back out to the car....he was tired and weak. He did though and had to rest for a few minutes.
Winter still has it's icey grip, here in the prairies. I would rather it stay until near the end of March than to have those messy thawing and freezing days...let it go almost all at once. March is a tempestuous month here. Icy highways, storms, and mud. YUK!

It sounds as though you are planning a trip out of the country? You are applying for a passport. Maybe to Australia? Have you been there before?

The curling Men's Briar starts tomorrow...so I must get most of what I want to do done.....there are a lot of games to watch. I knit or crochet while watching them so at least I am not totally idle!

I wish you a good day....have a lovely walk and Larry, may you have a good bike ride!

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

No big trips planned maybe to Point Roberts.
But it is good to be prepared.
Hope we can find our marriage certificate.

My visiting started when the activity worker from the home asked me if I would like to be a visitor. She went to the Vineyard church and I can see her face but not her name. I think it was Theresa.
I had taken the course to be a lay-chaplain at Peach Arch Hospital but felt it was time to change.
love mom

Shandel said...

wow! 25 years is a long time. that is so wonderful of you to spend that many years visiting people. You bring joy to those around you. and that is so special. It is good to be prepared, for if you need that passport it will be ready to go!
ours needs to be renewed next Nov.

beth bennett said...

It seems like a long time but it has gone by so quickly it is hard to remember it has been 25 or more years.
Thanks Shandel.

Love beth