Tuesday, February 24, 2015

WHIRL WIND

P2230030
Grandpa’s birthday has been a whirl wind of activity and continues with more cards today!  It is wonderful to know our lives have touched so many and that we are so deeply loved and appreciated.
DSCN5501
I feel that for me this whirl wind is continuing.  After Carol's birthday March is going to be a very busy month. There is an anniversary party the first day of March.  Then. there is the World Day of Prayer on March 5th .  Later in the month  a big U.C.W. rally at our church where I  give a devotional with Noreen I believe it is on St. Patrick's day.  We are a small group hosting a big group  and none of us our spring chickens!

Dad has his check up on March 3 to see if he can continue driving and he is a little nervous .

After my M.R.I. on March 20 which I hope will give me some answers;  like am I just get old or am I likely to have any more T.I.A.'s .  I am trying to keep my body healthy and fit but want to know how my brain is doing.  (I must get back to reading "How To Heal Your Brain. I keep walking as exercise is very important.

Then we are off to Ucluelete to stay at the Grand Hotel (it will be grand for us that is for sure) for three wonderful days!  Thanks to all our children!

Then back for eye appointments etc.

Dad was surprised when we were invited to attend two new Bible studies that I said I was not interested.  I enjoy my ladies group where we learn as we laugh and joke.  I do not want to enter into any deep discussions where usually I think differently than everyone else.

I know not only that my family loves me and also that I am God's beloved and accepted child.

I know I need to take time to be still and also to pray and read inspiring words.  I know it is important to give to the poor sharing what I have, and meanwhile being grateful for all I have.  Forgiveness  an is on going process as well as humility and honesty.  Some days I do okay but other days I blow it.

Today we are having lunch with Jane and Geof.  They have a new car as there our one was totaled.
The fire engine and ambulances and police all arrived.  We have wonderful new roads but very poorly marked and as it gets dark and in the rain is very dangerous.  Thankfully no one was badly hurt but extremely shaken up.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Was that a new car accident for Jane and Geoff or the one they had on Nordel?

Your March does sound very busy. Fingers crossed it does not include an early delivery for Mary. She is having a lot of labour pains.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Great photos of the birthday! Carol's birthday is on Saturday and we have just started the negotiations this morning. She is thinking about a walk at the bird sanctuary, followed bu early dinner (or late lunch) at Sharkeys, and not sure whether Saturday or Sunday is better for everyone. xo Panteli

beth bennett said...

We have noting planned for Sat. or sun. except maybe church.

This is the same car accident we have not talked until now.

We will hear more today.

love mom

Shandel said...

Grandpa's card arrived from us? i wasnt sure i could see it in the photo. I am happy that he had such a grand time. Birthday's are wonderful moments to celebrate.

Enjoy the busy month! that is when we must stay present the most.

We leave Sunday to a warmer climate, though Cameron has been checking the weather app a lot and it looks like it might rain while we visit. but at least there is no snow! haha

nancy-Lou said...

WOW...you sure do have a busy agenda for the next while. But it is good to be busy...keeps us young!
The walk at the bird sanctuary sounds like a wonderful thing to do on a birthday....what a great idea for all! I wish Carol a wonderful day...as well us everyone else.

Yes, I too, need time by myself to be still and reflect. Walking is the best time isn't it? I like to walk alone....although the odd walk with friends is fine too.

Are you flying in to Ucluelet? I don't remember The Grand Hotel, but it has been a number of years since we went there. What a "grand" gift.

We are enjoying the birds this morning. We had a snow storm yesterday and it became cold once again. The birds are hungry and constantly at the feeders. Right now, the large pileated woodpecker is there...it is a male, you can tell by his red mustache. He is the size of our crows...huge. Your crows are smaller at the coast. He loves the beef fat that we hang out in cages.

I am working on a series of digital art paintings, painted with my finger on my iPad. I plan on making them in to blank note cards. They are so much fun to paint.
Have a good day,
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes Shandel your card arrived with it's beautiful message, Thank you both.

Have a great holiday.

love gramma

beth bennett said...

Nancy we are going on the ferry and then driving. I was joking about the hotel as I do not know the name.

love beth